Skiathos Princess Hotel
US$108
US$94
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsskiathos princessbeach restauranthalf boardprivate beachkids clubmattress topperpool barevening entertainmentthe buslovely hotelhotel guestsmain restaurantcrepesgarden viewnon residentsfamily roomreception staff
Reviewed 19 October 2017

The hotel in my opinion is of an average standard, and not worthy of five stars. Modernization should be a priority. I would however state that it is very clean and tidy, has good facilities and excellent staff. The stay was made all the better for meeting the little kitten in the pool bar 'Zeus' who was adopted and adored by both holiday makers and staff alike. The location is sensational, and I would recommend the hotel to any future visitor.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jurgen889
Reviewed 16 October 2017

By entering the hotel we got personable greeting by Alexis in reception even for toddlers.
My wife pre-ordered SPA appointment and ended up falling a sleep during full body massage -. that is as everyone know nothing but lovely .

Wasp and cat infested POOLBAR with only one kids seat managed to make ceasar sallad look like Cold cut toi pieces mash of lettuce...the Place closed Down a few days later but then please tell us that they chef alreay has left the island...so Do NOT expect what is presented on the menue.

Great playground in plastic but shadowy spot for kids - they just loved it!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LektorKennedy
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We did not choose this hotel but were transferred there when our booked hotel on Skopelos close 2 days early. However after initial check-in negotiations to secure accommodation which most nearly-matched what we had on Skopelos, we enjoyed a most relaxing 48 hours relaxing by the sea, swimming and enjoying plentiful buffet meals. The hotel is a bus ride out from Skiathos town but the town was easily accessible by those who chose to go there. It is primarily a hotel complex which is best suited to those who just want to laze by th sea or the pool and lap up the late season sun but for us 48 chilling -out, after a strenuous walking holiday, before taking the flight home, it was just the ticket

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidWelle
Reviewed 12 October 2017

An ok hotel, that, as others have said, is not 5* but good enough - probably a 3.5* hotel aspiring towards 4* but not quite there yet. It's clean, has a good location, within easy reach of town (10 mins on local, frequent buses) and helpful friendly staff, in particular some of the breakfast team (especially the girl making pancakes every single day!) and most particularly, one of the best receptionists ever in Kristine, who, as well as being friendly and attentive, took ownership of any questions/issues - nothing seemed too much trouble for her and she was a credit to the hotel!

Should mention the cleaner as well - I don't know her name, but she was thorough and flexible - cleaning our room at whatever time of day we needed it and always to a high standard.

Finally, a comment on breakfast - on the first day, I thought it was good, but by day 10, I wished something would have varied - it was exactly the same choice every day, and whilst the food was ok, variety would have helped.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kyzal
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The hotel claims to be a 5 star but I regret to say the more accurate classification would be the lower end of 4 star or possibly even the upper end of 3.

We were unfortunate to book a week when the weather was poor for 4 of the 7 days (last 2 days of September, first 5 of October); nothing the hotel could do about that but I would expect a 5 star to have some facilities to cover such circumstances. We were at the end of the season and there were none other than a tiny gym (the hotel exalts how modern this is; modern it may be but it is not conducive to enjoyable use with only a few pieces equipment crammed in a small room).

If you go to Skiathos then I would advise going before mid September; the whole island starts to close down towards the end of September with many restaurants closing on the 30th.

Due to our airline changing flight time we arrived at the hotel at breakfast time rather than the previously arranged schedule of lunch time. We asked if our room was ready; it wasn't but quite understandable in view of early arrival. We asked if there was somewhere we could rest (having had no sleep the night before due to travelling). "No" was the answer apart from loungers by the pool (it was raining! - 5 star.....really?). We asked if we could have a cup of tea and toast. "No but you can have breakfast for a discounted rate of 15 euros per head" (rather than the normal 25 euros!). We went to the restaurant and my partner had a cup of tea and bowl of fruit salad. I signed the bill and was about to leave only to be told "you need to pay 25 euros cash". I pointed out that I was a resident and the rate of 15 euros had been offered by reception. "No sir", you must pay cash; at this stage I suggested the restaurant communicate with reception and left to sit in the lounge pending availability of the room (5 star......really?).

The following morning, we returned to the restaurant for breakfast; I explained that due to the after affects of medical treatment I could not face breakfast until mid-day so asked if they were happy if I took a bowl of fruit salad and yoghurt to my room so that I could consume later in the day. "No sir", we don't allow that but you can always pay for room service. When I pointed out that I had paid for breakfast I was told that did not matter, they would not allow fruit salad and yoghurt to be taken to the room (5 star.... really!). I chose to ignore their ruling and took the fruit salad and yoghurt back to the room but I realised at this stage, whatever the question, the culture of the hotel was to answer "no". To be fair, the staff were polite and pleasant; the problem clearly is one of management philosophy and training which is sad when I suspect the staff could, and should, provide a higher standard of service than is permitted.

During the course of our stay my partner badly twisted an ankle which swelled up alarmingly. Not the hotel's responsibility at all but there is a medical room near the lounge area with a notice indicating the doctor will be attending every Wednesday and Friday. We asked reception if we could make an appointment. "No sir. At this time of year the doctor does not come but you can arrange to go into town to see him". (5 star really?).

The hotel claims to run a courtesy bus service to the airport. When I asked reception I was told we needed to book. I was then told the cost was 12 euros per person on a shared basis or 18 euros on a private basis. I suggested that not only did this not sound like a courtesy bus it was actually more expensive than the 20 euros for a private cab for the 10 kilometre trip for two people. "Sorry sir, you are right it isn't a courtesy bus it is a shuttle bus". (5 star......really?).

For the last three days of the holiday the weather improved and the temperature significantly increased. We turned on the air conditioning but found it was not working; I informed reception who said they would get maintenance to fix it. The following day it still hadn't been fixed so the same conversation was repeated. Similarly the next day (i.e. the third time!). When checking out I suggested to reception the matter had still not been fixed and they needed to do so. "Oh, so sorry sir I thought that had been done". I suggested it may have been an idea to ask us whether it had been fixed on day 1, 2 or 3. (5 star....really?).

So, for those thinking of booking the Princess Hotel in Skiathos, do so before mid September and whilst it has some good points, including many of the staff, do not expect it to be up to normal expectations of a 5 star establishment.

Room Tip: Go for one of the sea view rooms. If you are going to be near the sea you want to be able to see it.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VP S
managerprincess, Manager at Skiathos Princess Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you took the time to share your feed back from your recent stay with us.

Thank you on your positive comments for our "polite and pleasant" staff.

Unfortunately, the weather during your stay did not help as it rained most of the days.

Princess Resort, offers a few alternatives on such days. For example our Lobby Lounge is perfect to enjoy reading a book from our library, play cards or even watch a film on our cable tv.

This is also the area that our Guests rest while waiting for the rooms to be ready on early arrivals, or after check out before they leave the Hotel.

Else, our Wellness centre, is the ultimate place to spend some time during rainny days receiving excellent treatments.

Guests certainly may order anything they wish such as a cup of tea or toast at "Muses" by the pool as it operates daily from 09:00.

Breakfast is served in "Basilico" our buffet restaurant earlier from 08:00 o clock.

You were offered a discounted rate almost half price due to your early arrival just in case you wanted to have full breakfast.

On your arrival day as room was not ready therefore not checked in you were asked to pay cash because you could not make charges to the room bill yet.

In case a Guest does not want to come to the breakfast room there is always the choice of room service. In circumstances such as yours, illness etc Guests may arrange what they wish to have and it is delivered to the room by a waiter with no charge.

Simply that was the reason you were not allowed to take it yourself to the room. We don't want Guests to carry food themselves.

Regarding the accident of your partner, the Hotel provides doctor service 24h on request with charge. As it was the end of the season the doctor was not available but alternatively, you were offered to be taken to the medical centre.

Our bus is not a courtesy bus. It provides transfers on request on charge.

I apologize for you not being informed correctly about the air condition. The outside temperatures this period are low, therefore there is no cooling as Guests ask for heat.

We look forward to having you back with us in the future, in better weather and all of us ready to provide you with the best services possible.

Kind regards,