“Weekend break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longniddry
Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Stayed at 6 St Andrews basic caravan 2 single beds no room to move in between the beds and a double Just about enough room to move around it sideways Shower/toilet full size cooker and gas fire. Flat screen tv which we had to tune in every time we turned it on after having the maintenance out twice we did it our selves The club room very dark good do with a revamp and made bigger. Wifi very hit and miss in the complex had to sign into it each time The food on site we found very expensive. A little trip down the road to a little pub/restaurant food cheaper also some shops if you wanted food to cook in the caravan Fish and chips on the site was £16 for 2 people Bus outside takes you to Edinburgh for £4 for a day ticket Swimming pool was too warm for me and soon got busy Rocky beach across the road Definitely need a car for this site Would I come back. Probably not

Room Tip: The more you pay the better the caravan
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pk&award
Seton S, Guest Relations Manager at Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Hi pk&award

Thanks for leaving a review.

I was disappointed to read that the issues with the TV were not rectified. Please accept my apologies for this I will share your feed back with the Maintenance Manager.

I do hope you will accept our assurances that we work hard to provide a high level of service and we hope that despite your present feelings of disappointment you will consider visiting Haven again.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

First stay on Seton Sands, requested a quiet pitch as we have 2 dogs and this is what we got. Lovely caravan was clean and tidy for when we arrived. Upgraded to have central heating which was great and the shower was excellent and as good as ours at home. Staff on the site were very friendly and also informative and helpful. Beach is just across the road and was ideal for long walks and for our dogs to run. Great location for Edinburgh and surrounding areas. We didn't use club house or pool so unable to comment on those but would recommend this site.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Seton S, Guest Relations Manager at Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Hi Cock_sparrer

Firstly I was so pleased to read that you chose to visit Seton Sands on your first visit to Scotland 

Seton Sands is very fortunate in its location as it is perfectly placed for exploring the local area and Edinburgh as a whole. There is so much to do I bet it kept you all busy during your stay!

We'd love to see you again. Should you decide to return please contact me on 01875 813333 so I can personally oversee your booking.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Came here for my little girls 3rd birthday,we also came last year for her 2nd.
We stayed in St. Andrews 117.standard 3 bed caravan shower/toilet & a separate toilet!no central heating but there is a fire & there was a small heater in the double bedroom,we found we still needed this as it's still a little chilly in the mornings!
Check in was smooth staff all very polite & welcoming.we had to swap our van for a different one as the original one offered is used for pets,my other half is allergic to pets & this affects his asthma really bad.this was done with ease.
We found our van,dropped our stuff in,quick look around then out for a tour round the park then took the little one to see Rory at 6.it wasn't until we came back in that I had a good look round the van I noticed that our shower room around the toilet floor & fixtures round the pan of the toilet were not upto havens usual standard of cleanliness,nor mines!
We phoned in the morning to reception ,I explained,got an apology & a cleaner popped round ,done the the job ,happy days.
Holiday park is immaculate,staff are friendly & helpful.we were ready to play family bingo one evening with Naomi when her colleague "Ryan" came out totally got on her case about mucking about with the iPad just as bingo started.the girl was professional and carried on with her bingo calling!"Ryan" on the other hand was not,if you have a problem the your colleague's work then you should speak to them somewhere private not in ear shot of your guests.children included!It was totally inappropriate to speak to her the way he did never mind in front of a hall full of guests.I felt embarrassed for her!
Pool is fab,roasting hot,like getting in a bath.£1 for the lockers which is returnable.fab swing park.small amusements.we went to the gift shop which was busy,one girl working on her own,2 boys kept running in & knocking everything off the stands & pulling the teddy bears down,I mean what are the parents doing???!!!.poor lass was stressed.!
Never used the Chippy or the supermarket,or ate in the bar.
We went to yellowcraig beach,lovely!also a good park here.£2 to park all day around the lothians so keep the same ticket if your planning a different attraction the same day.
We will be back,regardless of those small issues.
Like most places ,cut backs on staff all the time!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shoglen

Hi Shoglen

Firstly I hope your little girl had a fabulous 3rd Birthday here at Seton Sands

I am disappointed to read your feedback about Ryan. These comments have been passed on to the relevant Manager to ascertain why this occurred.

I was pleased to read that you loved our new swimming pool.

If I can help at all regarding a future booking, please call me directly at park and I’d be more than happy to help in any way.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful little holiday day park. Has a gorgeous little beach opposite with rock pools. Pool a little small but clean (waiting for an extension to finish on the pool). Showbar a little dark and dingy, entertainment not very good. we had pre-booked activities using an activity pass. One of these had to be cancelled (rifle shooting). The staff obviously knew they were no longer able to do this on site but failed to inform us. Which led to us waiting for 20mins before discovering it had been cancelled and a very upset child. We were able to swap the activity for go karting but overall this was a disappointing experience. Site generally clean and well maintained. Caravan a good size and well cared for. Check in is an absolute nightmare! Reception room far too small and the system in use for checking in so many guests is at best inefficient. We queued for 40mins only to be told the caravan was not ready and to come back in an hour. Came back in an hour and had to wait a further hour- caravan still not ready- had to change caravans nice playpark on site.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank hevah
Seton S, Guest Relations Manager at Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Hi hevah

Thanks for leaving us a review.

I can confirm that our new swimming pool extension is now complete and its looking amazing.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the entertainment

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the check in process you experienced. I have passed your feedback to the Holiday Experience Manager

I hope you will be visiting us again soon

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic time for a week with our 5 month baby.

Lovely caravan and great facilities. There is a small shop and camp and a Lidil is either a short drive or bus ride away. Swimming pool is split into different sections so kids can play.

The showbar had lots of good shows. Special thanks to Fun Star Pamela who made our son smile so much and went out of her way to entertain him.

There is also a chip shop on camp and also a great restaurant. Emma from the restaurant was lovely.

The 26 bus goes from outside the camp and goes to Edinburgh and the Zoo. Just outside there is a rocky beach, great to show rock pools.

Thank you Haven for a great first family holiday.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew C

Hi Andrew C

WOW - Thank you ever so much for your 5 star review.

I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your first family Holiday :)

It seems you all had such a fun time here. I will pass on your lovely words to Funstar Pamela and Emma, they will be so happy to hear your kind comments.

If you would like any help with future bookings please contact me on 01875 813333

Carrie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Longniddry
11.1 km away
9.7 km away
Travelodge Edinburgh Musselburgh
5.1 km away
The Lodge at Craigielaw and Golf Courses

Been to Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!