“fantastic food ”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Yoxford
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

had surf and turf steak cooked to perfection my wife had roast lamb the plates were wiped clean. The pub was dog and human friendly. Also very good selection of ales and ciders. will definitely be back here again!!!

1  Thank William P

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Called in here for an early dinner with family. The food was superb and very good value. The staff were attentive and very friendly - our family dog was even allowed to join us! Overall, a very pleasant and memorable evening.

1  Thank Gungahlin
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We decided to stop here on our way home from sky diving in Beccles. I hadn't eaten all morning so was starving by the time we stopped. We thought the pub opened at 1130 but it was actually 12noon on a Sunday so we decided to sit and wait in the car until they opened. We were not alone. Another party of four has done the same.

From the outside the pub looks quite big but was much smaller inside than expected. The bar area was small and looked like it would get crowded easily and the restaurant through the other side was larger but not massive. We were told all tables in the restaurant were fully booked but we could eat in the bar if we wanted to. We decided we would and we're lucky we were there when it opened as many other walk ins were turned away for the restaurant although I am not sure if they were offered the sit in choice at the bar or not. I did hear one family be told there was only one chef on and nothing else could be accommodated until 3pm. Whether that was for in the bar area or not I don't know.

We ordered two Sunday roast. One beef and one lamb. Food was really nice. Three big roast potatoes, cabbage, carrots, green beans, gravy, Yorkshire pudding and plenty of meat. It was hot and well presented. I wouldn't have really expected anything less considering we were the second people in the place. We were very impressed.

Two roasts and two diet cokes came to £25.40 which I really didn't think was unreasonable at all, especially for the quality.

The selection of foods on the menu was varied and I think most people even fussy eaters could find something from it.

We would definitely stop by here again if we were passing.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Had a beer on the first night from the go range of Local Beers went back the next and had a good meal. The Owner was fantastic and made us feel welcome, well priced beer and food

1  Thank Ian R
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal, staff very friendly and helpful. Everything we ate was excellent and we will definitely return.