“Clenaghans is back!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

To be totally honest, I must say before I give my review, the new owners are my daughter and son in law (who is head chef) . I was there on Friday 11th Dec for a friends and family night with my wife and 9 year old daughter. The idea of the evening was to ensure that everything worked smoothly, and any problems were ironed out before opening to the public on Saturday. Well. The restaurant has risen from the lockdown. It looks amazing. We were met by Marc, front of house. He's a very quiet unassuming sort of guy. ( wee joke.....he's great craic!) All the staff were just lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was first class. Our 9 year old had 3 courses too! All I can say is good luck to William and Jill in your new venture. If tonight was anything to go by, this will be an amazing success.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (244)

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

We were a party of 4. Lovely welcoming staff. We had a vegan, a vegetarian, a fish lover and a meat lover!
Great menu! Everyone felt they could order and be excited about the dishes!
Organic red wine to compliment our meal and lemon posset with honeycomb! Superb with a vegan sorbet option

Great food! Great staff who understood the customer ordering.

We certainly will be back.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank QualityIrelandlady
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

We came here for the 6 course tasting menu with wine pairing. What a gastronomic delight! The flavours and presentation were just superb. These guys know their food and how to cook and serve it correctly. Sadly it’s a 120 mile round trip for me to come here, but it was worth every single inch of it. It’s now my third visit but it certainly will not be my last. Have no hesitation about dining here, you’re going to fall head over heels in love with it just like we did.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank BigJohnDeere
Reviewed 26 February 2020

Fab Sunday lunch! The menu had a lovely selection! We had the broccoli as a snack to begin with which was fantastic!!! A must try! Roast Beef and venison for mains which where lovely! Looking forward to returning soon!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank RMTravels89
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

We had a wonderful anniversary dinner here. Beautiful setting, great service and amazing food - the best steak I have ever had in my life!! Melted in my mouth. Will be back again and again. Would recommend to anyone and is perfect for a special treat or any occasion

Date of visit: February 2020