“Yummy food,Friendly service”

Ranked #1 of 94 Restaurants in Norwood
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The story of Taste of Nepal is simple. What was, still is; an undying passion for food, a strong belief in the experience of dining and a team driven by love. Having learned to cook from my mother in Nepal I moved to India to train as a professional chef. Necessity brought me to Adelaide in 1988, leaving behind my family of a devoted wife and two young boys. Over the next decade and a half, I worked in various Indian restaurants, opened Adelaide’s first Nepalese restaurant and spread the warmth of Nepalese food in this quaint city. For me food has been about being innovative and authentic: freshly ground spices and the art of blending these spices into new dishes. Having been raised in Nepal where guests are regarded as Gods, running this restaurant has always been about service for me. The satisfaction I get from cooking a meal for you can compare to nothing else in the world. And today, by choosing to dine with us you have become a part of the story of Taste of Nepal. Chef Kashi.
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Nice Nepalese food. Some standards and also a few innovative recipes. Loved the clay pot mushrooms. Definitely the stand out. Service was friendly but a bit hap hazard. Well meaning but not terribly effective sometimes!

The courtyard garden area is lovely. Definitely recommend sitting out there if the weather cooperates.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Without doubt, you will have a great time at this restaurant. The food is delicious, the service prompt and discreet, the atmosphere pleasant. Nepalese has an obvious Asian influence and is very tasty. I would heartily recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is special. It is elegant and comfortable. Dining in the garden was a popular choice last night by diners, but inside, the restaurant offered an equally special ambiance for others. Our son brought us as he had been very impressed only a week before.
Every dish we ordered was divine, and plentiful! They don’t skimp on anything here. Every morsel provides a seriously wonderful experience in your mouth, right down to Kashi’s extraordinary home made tomato achar that packs a punch with spices. The icing on the cake for the momo starter. The chicken sekuwa is spiced heaven. Our party all vied for the last piece. The charcoal clay oven lamb cutlet was a star dish, but very closely followed by the wild water buffalo and the barramundi curry.
A quality and varied wine list with a range of interesting mocktails too really set the scene for a great dining experience.
This family run business is based on authentic Nepalese warmth. Customers are welcomed as they would be into their home.
Car parking is onsite and the heritage building is like a magnet for people driving past with its warm glow.
On a busy Friday night, the service was attentive, friendly and polished. Food was well paced. A rare combination.
We will definitely be returning, and soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Good selection of Nepalese food, very attentive and pleasant staff, very pleasant surroundings. restaurant not loud or noisy

Reviewed 13 February 2018

So i stopped by after a recommendation from my friend. I had never had Nepalese food before so i was super keen.

The dining room is nice and they have a lovely outdoor area.

I ordered the water buffalo and my friend had the vegetarian stir fried vegetables.
It was all really amazing but i think what made it better was the service.
The waiter was lovely and really made us feel welcome.

Will be back again!