Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas(French Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$306
Las Verandas Hotel & Villas(French Harbour)
US$144
Hotels.com
French Point Resort(French Harbour)
US$188
US$284
Hotwire.com
US$143
Cancelon
  • Pool
Puerta Azul(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$130
Pirates Den Hotel(Roatan)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$49
Reef House Resort(Roatan)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Breakfast included
1,018 results
All reviewsfishstar resortwest endporkthree starguinea pigswhite faced monkeysfriendly monkeyshenry morganmain beachbuffet stylecoral reefnight lifewhole weekevery mealsoupsmarine life
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Just arrived back from Roatan! Stayed at Fantasy Island Derry and Kevin were wonderful I couldn't believe all the marine life Derry found for us. He actually found a drum fish about 1cm big! The food was wonderful, the staff were great and very friendly. The rooms were comfortable! We couldn't have asked for a better week!!! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Dwalters10
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We have been to Fantasy Island before an enjoyed our stay. But, we just got back and we hated the way it has gone downhill. The diving was great but everything else was horrid.

The buffet was deplorable. Food was not kept at what anyone would consider acceptable standards. We ate out and spent hundreds more than we planned because of this.

The rooms were just as bad. The bed had an odor like a musty comforter which was quite annoying. The shower did not work right and the water frequently was inoperative.

We love Roatan but with so many other resorts on this beautiful island, there is no way we will return to Fantasy Island.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 31 October 2011

First of all, we come for the diving and have done so for 6 years. During that time, the resort has had ups and downs, and is definitely on an upswing. The rooms have been upgraded with new A/C units, beds, vanities and glass doors for the balconies. The grounds are well cared for and relatively bug free given the location. They spray every day. The dive boats are either new or refurbished and well maintained. The new (returning) hotel manager is determined to make it a better place to be. The dive shop, also under new direction, is now concierge, where they do all the work for you. The dive crews, Nelson (DM) and Kevin (Cpt) in particular, are top notch. Diving in this area is great, with lots of diversity and the water is around 85 deg. F. The food is not gourmet, but for the genre in this area, quite good. All meals are buffet with lots of selections, and the service is very efficient. The rates are outstanding when considering they include all meals, 19 boat dives, unl. shore dives, all local beverages incl. sodas, beer and liquors. Overall, if you want to dive, snorkel, swim in the fresh water pool, or just lay on the fabulous, well tended beach, this resort is terrific. We will return.

Room Tip: We like the second floor, with beach view, usually between 205 and 225.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kenypoo
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We went to this resort as a day excursion from a cruise ship. We booked through Island Marketing. Our driver was very nice and on time. She explained some stuff about the island and showed us around the resort. I think it is more Island Marketing's fault that we were not pleased with our experience. IM stated that we would get all these amenities that was not the case. We received no welcome drink, there was no towel service, the swimming pool with swim up bar had no water in it, we only found 2 kayaks with an oar not a real kayak paddle, and yes you can snorkel but there isn't that much to see.
The beach was clean and water was refreshing. If it wasn't for the monkey's that provided hours of entertainment we would have been a little bored. We didn't eat food or sleep there so I can't comment on those areas. I can assure you that the monkey's like french fries and cherries and the iguana's will creep up behind you for food too! The monkeys will also try to swipe your belongings so keep your bags zipped up and hold on to your hats and glasses. We saw a monkey with a TV remote so I guess they know how to get into rooms too if you don’t secure it.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lissakinz
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed at Fantasy Island for one month from Aug 26th till September 24th 2011 and had an awesome time. Now this is paradise to say the least. I am a musician and a photographer and I took some great pics of the wildlife on the Island as well as playing live music for 2 nights at the resort.
The spider monkeys were definitely a great drawing card for the resort. They acted like young mischevious children and always drew a big audience. I'm surprised they aren't blind from all the flashes from the cameras. I loved seeing the Iguanas lounging around without fear of being killed by the humans. There is even a rare iguana found only on Fantasy island called the Willy Nilly...I have some pics of that. Then we have the Watusa which is a member of the guinea pig family....a weird looking animal with no tail (some people think they are rats, but that is not so) which runs freely all over the property.

I met the spanish owner Mr Augusto and he stayed at the resort for one week getting everything back in to shape. He seemed like a very nice person.
Marianela is the Manager and Christina is the Assistant. they were both real nice and accommodating for everyone.

The yard staff did a great job of raking the sand daily and also cleaning up the debris that would wash up around the island.

As far as diving, I met lots of divers and they raved about how good the dives were.

You would think a tourist would get stir crazy being on the island for a month, but hey...I must be different because I always had something to do or pictures to shoot. The Fantasy Island bus ran at least 3 times a day so anyone could catch a ride into French Harbour for some shopping or just to wander around. The taxis were also quite inexpensive, just be sure to request a price before riding. The secret is....if you are at the airport the cabs can charge you $20 to take you pretty well anywhere on the Island....BUT....if you walk about 30 yards to the road you can catch a cab for as low as $1.50....go figure LOL.

French Harbour has a Mega Plaza with quite a few banks and modern stores. Great place to buy groceries or just have an ice cream cone, plus there is a small Casino there also. The town is quite old but it seems the locals are quite happy there. Mangos were HUGE for 25 cents....Mmmmmm, that was real tasty.
I found the AppleBees restaurant real friendly and a bit pricey for what you got. There was also a burger place next to there and the food was marginal and not too expensive....just a lack of communication with the waiters. One talked me in to getting some beef which he said was fresh and tender that day.
I think he didn't have any idea about the food...it was over fried in OLD grease and tough as shoe leather....YIKES....but the chicken seemed ok....that was my LAST meal there.

I ate lunch 4 times at a little local place called the Rotissorie, good chicken at a low price and always good.

My room at the resort was clean and had great A/C, a fridge and a flat screen TV with a bunch of channels. The shower was also large and clean.

There was always a dance of some sort on the weekend and every 2nd week a group called the Garifuna Dancers lit up the beach with a great show.
It was nice not to have Vendors driving you crazy like the ones at the West End. As far as bugs went, I was in the West End of Roatan 4 years ago and found out the protection to use was either Deep Woods Off (the green bottle or can) or Cactus Juice. Another thing is, try NOT to scratch the bites which causes infections. I sprayed daily and was fine for the month while others had some pretty nasty scars from bites on their entire body.

The resort also had a person fogging the entire Island almost daily, which helped to control the Sand Fleas and the mosquitoes.
The water was just plain Gorgeous!

The beach brought in lots of locals from the mainland every weekend. Plus they loved the monkeys!

So if you want to stay at a place that has it all, look no further than Fantasy Island...I KNOW you will love it! Don't be shy, when you get there, make a point of meeting the managers and the friendly staff....they are there to make your stay the best that they can! Welcome to Paradise!

PS: Do yourself a favor and buy a MagicJack, I have one and it's a great way to contact your friends and family from anywhere in the USA or Canada, much better than Skype using a USB port from your laptop or netbook. I used mine in the Common Area of the resort and made great clear calls to my family, because the Resort had free wifi and the reception was exceptionally clear! Food for thought!

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the 100's are the best from my experience