Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas(French Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$90
Hotels.com
US$154
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Las Verandas Hotel & Villas(French Harbour)
US$205
French Point Resort(French Harbour)
US$188
US$284
Hotels.com
Puerta Azul(Sandy Bay)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$111
Pirates Den Hotel(Roatan)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$42
Reef House Resort(Roatan)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Breakfast included
1,012 results
All reviewsfishstar resortwest endporkthree starguinea pigswhite faced monkeysfriendly monkeysmain beachhenry morganplenty of fresh fruitfrench friescoral reefbuffet stylenight lifeevery mealsoups
Reviewed 10 April 2012

First, my apologies to Gustav for the delay in writing this review. My girlfriend and I stayed at Fantasy Island from March 16-25, 2012. Upon arriving at the airport we were relieved that the resort's transportation was there waiting for us. A short 15min or so drive afterward brought us to the resort. We were greeted by the warmest smiles (Sherry and Norman) and a wonderful juice cocktail to quench our thirst. Our room was # 217 and had a beautiful view of the water. The room was extremely adequate, with ample AC and a room safe. Though not a Four Seasons, we were impressed with the cleanliness and beauty of our surroundings. We soon made our way to the Dive Shop to schedule dives and arrange certification for my girlfriend. The dive shop was fantastic and each day we went on the best dives that I have ever been on. Quite a treat for my girlfriend to have her first dives in one of the best spots on Earth! A big thank you to Nelson, my dive master for teaching me how to spearfish. I caught at least 10 lion fish. Lion fish, for those not aware, are not indigenous to the Caribbean,, and are wreaking havoc on the ecosystem. The meals were great, with ample supply of extremely tasty preparations of fish and chicken. We did venture out a few nights to Gio's (AWESOME seafood) and to the West End and West Bay areas for food and fun, which we both highly recommend. Regardless, Fantasy Island provided great food, and neither uof us suffered and gastric distress. I was worried based on some of the reviews I read here, but found that all of them are baseless and inaccurate. The staff were all extremely friendly and we felt safe at all times. As such, we plan on bringing our children on our next vacation, hopefully in December of this year. The grounds are meticulously kept and the flora and fauna are amazing. I actually made friends with one of the monkeys there. The first morning I gave him a few almonds, so for each morning after, he would be there near the door waiting for me. I would hold my arm out, then he would climb up to my shoulder and walk with me to the dive shop. I miss that little monkey :)! All in all, it was hands down the best vacation that either of us have ever had. We have both been all over Europe and the Caribbean, and for the value, Fantasy Island is a guaranteed hit! Thanks to all of the staff and Gustav the owner for their hospitality. We have already recommended to all our friends and will be back in December.

Room Tip: Our room was #217. Not close to the dive shop, but if you have no difficulties walking for 3min, not a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Todd B
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We just finished a month at the Fantasy Island Resort Marina on Roatan. What a beautiful and fascinating place. The marina is well-run and the dockmaster and his wife provide everything a sailor could hope for in a marina. There are lots of activities for cruisers and life is serene here.

Although we stayed on our boat at the marina, we became very familiar with the all-inclusive hotel/resort. This resort occupies a small island accessed from Roatan by a bridge. A guard at the bridge gives a level of security, although the island is easily reached by a small boat. However, we never had any security problems here. The hotel itself is designed in a way that gives each room a great view of the ocean. It's a short walk from anywhere on the island to the beach and the hotel lobby. The property is in need of some attention. It's an aging property that suffers from deferred maintenance. However, the location is so beautiful and the staff is so friendly that it somehow makes up for the maintenance issues. The room charge includes all meals and some drinks. Most of the guests are from Central America although we have seen a few North Americans as well. Lots of families with small children. Fantasy Island is also a stop for many of the cruise ships that visit Roatan and often there are large groups here just for a day to enjoy the beach and the snorkeling/diving facilities.

Interesting and exotic animals roam the island, including monkeys, peacocks, large iguanas and a strange little animal that appears to be a cross between a rat and a rabbit. The locals say it is related to the guinea pig.

We will definitely return here if we have a chance. Fantasy Island is a beautiful destination.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a great view of the ocean. Second story near the lobby would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FirstMate2011
Reviewed 7 April 2012

It has been a couple years since my wife and I traveled here. We mainly went for the diving and it was a good price. The rooms weren't bad, but we were not looking for the Ritz Carlton. At the time the place seemed a little run-down and one of the staff advised us that they were in the process of changing owners. There was alot of wildlife on the property which was really cool, but the monkeys DO get annoying after a couple days. Be careful of what you leave on the balcony, because the monkeys WILL steal it. The dives were good, and they also offer shore diving which is cool too. Alot of the buffet staff seemed unhappy, but whatever. Check more recent reviews for a more up to date rating...hope this helps

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kingpinky
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The only nice thing I have to say about this place is the snorkeling. I was served raw chicken for lunch and I don't think the staff knows how to smile.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jgilje34
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were part of a medical group that had just been on a mission trip to the Honduran mainland the week before. It's been tradition since 1981 to spend a couple of days on Roatan after our work before heading back to the states. Over the years, we've stayed at several of the resorts on the island--Roatan is a wonderful place to visit as it has mostly been unspoiled by being too commercialized---at least up to the last few years.

Fantasy Island has been a regular destination for our group since it opened about 30 years. ago. The resort has not been kept up to usual standards. The layout of the resort is nice and the beach is great for relaxing or a dip to cool off. There is some snorkeling around the resort but this side of the island is not as nice as the west side.

The resort was very uncrowded except for one day when about 140 cruise ship people had day passes. Even that day, there was plenty of room and chairs for everyone.

We did the all inclusive which included very basic buffets and national drinks. Because we had just spent the week in Honduras, the resort, food and beverages were a cut above what we had during the mission. If you have been to the Riviera Maya though, this resort and most on Roatan do not compare for the level of facilities and service.

If you can look past the aging of the resort, the staff members were mostly very kind. Our seventeen year old daughter absolutely loved the beach and being able to interact with three monkeys that roam the grounds. The monkeys are fairly friendly and always hungry for a treat. They are mostly hilarious to watch but will cause some trouble if they have the opportunity to look in your beach bag or grab your sunglasses. The animals on the resort are fun to watch.

There are signs that the resort is working on maintenance issues such as painting and improving the landscaping. If some improvements can be made, the resort could come back as a definite option to choose when visiting Roatan.

Overall, if you enjoy camping and don't need or want four or five star facilities or service, Fantasy Island might be a resort to consider especially if the price is good. If you want a little bit nicer resort experience, do look at the West Bay area. The beaches there are absolutely amazing and there are more choices for accommodations. The direct flights into and out of the Roatan airport make it much easier to visit the island now too.

Room Tip: A second floor room fairly close to the lobby and dining room is a good place to be.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends