There some changes in the wind at Fantasy Island. Many of the staff, whom I met last year, voiced their displeasure with the new owners. Several of the staff have already made plans to leave.
This is my second trip to Fantasy Island. Last year the pool was under construction and this year the pool was unuseable. The water was murky and uninviting, when i asked the pool maintenace staff why, they told me that the management would not buy new filters for the pool?
Now for the good parts.
The food was well prepared, tasted good, good variety, and plenty of it.
The rooms were just what you expect in a dive resort, adequate, comforttable, and clean.
The dive operation is well run with quality boat captains and dive masters.
The diving is awesome. Everything from eels, to sea horses, to rays, to lobsters, to Octopi, crabs and of course the beautiful coral reefs and walls
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the best of the Caribbean at Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive and Marina! Our Roatan, Honduras resort is located on its own 21 acre private island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fantasy Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasy Island Beach Hotel Roatan
- Fantasy Island Beach Roatan
- Fantasy Island Roatan