“Not ideal for vegetarians!”

Zeytin at the Mount Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #37 of 122 Restaurants in Mount Maunganui
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Staff was nice but not very informed about the menu. No one seemed to know what the salad of the day was. In the end, wanting something vegetarian, we ordered greek salads. What we got was mesclum salad with a little onion, 2 slices of gherkin (which didn't suit the dish) and so little feta that you couldn't taste it. My companion was happy with the olives she got. As I don't like them I ordered without olives, but got nothing to compensate. Each salad costed a proud $16.00. I've had better entrées for less. Probably won't go again. The right customer can be happy there though.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Being an ex local, I adore coming back to the mount and eating at Zeytins. This time for our family holiday was no exception. Ordering takeaway meals at 7:30pm on a Friday was a bit silly on my part, as it took quite some time for the 3 meals to be ready. But the manager was super apologetic and actually gave me our money back for the wait. It's this kind of genuine customer service that keeps me coming back. That and the delicious food of course!
Iskender is my go-to meal But the pizzas are also to die for. all the food is consistently good and I've never had a bad meal in the 10-12 years I've been coming here.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Really really disappointed. In fact so bad I refused to pay for my meal. I ordered wood fired lamb doner kebab. First the bread wrap was a plain horrible supermarket type. Then the lamb itself was unseasoned. Absolutely no seasoning. I think it was cold roast lamb heated up. No Middle Eastern flavour what so ever. My fathers same kebab would not have even contained 30g of meat.
This restaurant has changed hands twice since the original I believe and it gets the full double thumbs down. My family are local and sorry to say they will be telling their friends and this place would be well advised to lift their game or they won’t last.
The duck salad was tasty but the duck roasted potato was about half a whole small potato And the advertised cherry and raisin relish was missing on the plate. Terrible show.
Lovely waitress though.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Had dinner here with my family and we all enjoyed our meals. I had the duck salad which was divine. Nice chilled atmosphere. We will be back.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

ABSOLUTELY DELISH!! The halomi salad had by me and the kids 10" cheesy pizza had by child with some help by me A couple of Vino's to wash it down, then followed by a wee bit of dessert...wat more could a person ask for?!! Super reasonably priced, service was good, food ah-mazing, definitely will be back. Thanks girls and guys