“Enjoyable night”

Ranked #21 of 124 Restaurants in Mount Maunganui
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Inspired by family recipes with simple ingredients and full of flavour, Mamma Mia is all about love for food. It is about sharing good moments with your favourite people at the heart of the Mount.
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Good meal with a choice of Pizza, pasta and meat dishes. Excellent service, BYO and licensed. A popular place with good food.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Great restaurant and staff. Smiling faces on the staff even though we arrived without a reservation with a large group. Staff made no fuss about arranging tables and chairs to accommodate us. Food was delicious. Pizza has a spot on crust and the toppings are generous and delicious. I would enjoy a tastier tomato under all those toppings however.
More zip would improve the flavour. Would go back to try the pasta next time.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Came down to the mount for a couple of days while my husband works down here. He was out with his team so I had to sort dinner on my own. Mamma Mia came highly recommended by other trip advisor reviews and I enjoyed my time there.
I have a baby who was asleep in the stroller initially... unfortunately the food took ages to come out and the restaurant wasn’t very busy so would hate to think how long it takes when it is busy! My baby had woken up after one sleep cycle now and my food had only just arrived... I wanted to try eat and run to get my baby home so I didn’t let the pasta cool down... I therefore had a burnt palate and mouth!

Would recommend if you are not on a tight schedule as it is slow.

I had the prawn and scallops pasta which was very tasty apart from being very hot. There was chilli as garnish which I did not have but it could have tasted nice. I wasn’t ready for spicy hot and temperature hot.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We read the recent reviews and were not disappointed in our meal last evening. The 3 generations of us all had pastas -what else - and very little was left on the plates. Four of the 6 allowed for desserts, which again went down well.

We owe the 2 staff a vote of thanks too - attentive, cheerful and knew the food offered. Mamma Mia was about half full on a dull, wet evening.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my Chicken Tenderloins tonight. Unfortunately the restaurant was very full, thus all the customers were packed into a small area and it was difficult to get to and from our table. The close proximity to fellow patrons resulted in lots of noise and we were able to follow the conversation of the table next to us. Restaurant could’ve done with air conditioning, but I acknowledge that we are experiencing a bit of a heat wave right now. Might try restaurant again in winter and out of season.