“Worst staff ever ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We came here to celebrate my best friends 24th birthday and had the worst customer experience ever, they didn’t acknowledge anyone on entry and couldn’t even crack a smile. The food was really nice and atmosphere was ok but they definitely need to take a look at the staff cause it really comes down to customer service at the end of the day which really lacked.

josh f, Owner at The Barrio Brothers Mount Maunagnui, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hiya Jesse,
Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately, in this case, I have to defend my staff and I'll explain why;
You arrived considerably preloaded, you were greeted and seated, everything was fine, your noise level was extremely loud throughout your dining experience. Other tables were appreciative after you left because now they could have a conversation instead of being unable to hear each other over you guys and enjoy their own dining experience. You were asked politely to keep it down, in which you persisted on being loud. We made the call to stop serving you alcohol because you weren't listening to the staff and intoxication isn't taken lightly here at The Barrio Brothers, due to the risk of fines for servers, managers and owners, I hope you can understand this.
So again, thank you for your feedback but please be a little more respectful of the fact that you're in a restricted drinking environment and perhaps we could've handled the situation better, so we apologise for that, but please understand we have to take the entire restaurant into consideration when making such calls as we wish all our guests to have an enjoyable dining experience.
Regards,
Katie

Reviewed 9 March 2018

OK I know we are boring we eat at Barrio Bros regularly and pretty much order the same thing each time, and it is ALWAYS good, and it is so inexpensive. The two of us have a couple of beers, share 2 dishes and get out of there for less the $60. The only negative I can think of is that they close on Mondays!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Great casual dining right on the main street. We went on a Wednesday when they have 2 for 1 dinners. Super quick and friendly service, cocktails were delish and the meals were plentiful and yum.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Last time I stayed in Tauranga I ate 3/4 dinners here! And I still could’ve gone back for more. The food was so delicious, and even though the restaurant was always full they still had amazing service. I highly recommend, even for some light tapas and cocktails - as the cocktails were my favourite part.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Every time we are at The Mount, we have dinner here. But most recently, I feel their food has slipped.

I’m sure in the past we have received complimentary corn chips & salsa (?) - definitely not any more.

I ordered tacos. My partner got the enchiladas. After a long wait, our food arrived. Looked delicious. My Tacos were, except that the menu said crispy chicken with Mexican slaw. I was really looking forward to the slaw. Instead I got what appeared to be store brought mesclun. And not even a mixture. Basic, cheap greens with a blob of dressing. Literally 2 pieces of chicken in each small taco, with some green leaves.

My partners “salad” was the same. And his enchiladas were not spicy at all and had a weird taste (perhaps due to the sauce he ordered).

For the $46 for 2 (small) mains, I feel like we can do better elsewhere.

Sorry guys, won’t be back.