2,822 results
All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant double tree health club on arrival lovely hotel warm cookies mpw restaurant separate building doubletree by hilton leisure facilities lovely grounds great facilities deluxe room steam room stayed here for one night weston super mare good nights sleep
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

long hot walk from station- more than half a mile in 30c with heavy bag so not a good start.
checked in quickly. declined cookie.
stayed in room 510. big mistake.
got out of lift on floor 5 , silly me. met by swarm of flies. room numbers with a 5 are on floor 7 of course. thought i might have a great view. sadly no view and no natural light. diagonally blocked window is only a bit bigger than an austin mini quarterlight. bent to waist height to establish no view. really disappointing for a king size room. that said, room well decorated with excellent mirrors. after dark,a good room.
went down to bar- restaurant. ok.quite dark. no space on balcony with lovely distant view of severn estuary and red sunset.
evidently shares kitchen with adjoining marco pw place. drank nice butcombe blonde bitter and ordered mpw caesar salad with avocado and chicken ( and no anchovies by choice, long story).better than I expected. lifted the spirits. well done kitchen. to be really picky, prefer more salad and less chicken but thats just me. some salt would have been nice too. so 8/10 for food and drink.
good pool table ( save for small rip on one corner). a nice touch.
6/10 for dingy but well appointed room.
breakfast ok but bacon second rate and undercooked for my taste.scrambled eggs not yellow or fresh looking so chose fried. quite a wait but freshly cooked.sausage perfect. tea also first rate.good service.
so I would happily go again ,just avoiding attic rooms facing uphill.
grounds looked outstanding but arrived late and left early so not explored.
also looks like a good business venue- plenty of meetings going on and good atmosphere.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Dan H, Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi,

Sounds like the troublesome start to the stay was soon evened out and a good time has had by all. Thank you for giving our food a 8/10, these well constructed points will be taken on board. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We changed hotel last minute to this one. Beautiful grounds, very comfortable room we had 121 it was a bit small but the bed was comfortable and slept well. Think next time I would ask for a larger room. Staff were pleasant and informative. Breakfast was very good lots of choice. Grounds were extensive and well kept. We will defiantly be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Dan H, Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Cadbury House. We are blessed with the location and it's a truly unique setting. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I was on a business trip, stayed there last week three days and need to admit in general it’s a nice facility but some services have to change. Because of that the hotel has big homework to do before could be consider as other premium hotels or to be a the level of other sister hotels from Hilton chain.
This are following downsides noticed during stay:
* on arrival and during a stay tea cups were dirty and left for use as cleaned
*towels left morning on floor to be changed has been not changed and returned on shelf being wet and dirty for further use
*dinner menu has “premium” prices which is fine but it does not correspond to quality and service. I ordered gnocchi with tomatoes and been provided with acidic concentrate from can. To be fair I asked other people I’ve shared table to try and the feedback was the same. Ok it can happen but nobody from service return to me with apologies or feedback until I paid the bill. In such places always kitchen wants to make it up to customer or take this out from bill but it wasn’t the case here.

I will return to this place in few months to validate whether they learn on mistakes. I hope so they will, they deserve second chance.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Dan H, Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your honest feedback, we appreciate all feedback. This allows us to ensure that we are providing a perfect service. We will certainly process and share this feedback with the management team and will definitely look to build on this for future guests. We do hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Set in its own grounds with spa and pool. Lovely hotel. Reception staff were brilliant, I messed up my booking and turned up on the wrong night to check-in. All sorted with no hassle thanks to the reception staff who went the extra mile.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello, many thanks for your lovely comments regarding your recent visit here at Cadbury. Hopefully we shall see you back agaijn soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Positives: Building and premises well kept.
Negatives: Room no different to Premier Inn standard but room cost more.
Breakfast well staffed but with no coordination or direction. Staff training required.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2Holibods
Dan H, Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you very much for the honest and clear feedback. We'd be delighted to see you again soon.