“Excellent food, good service and pleasant ambience”
Review of Chez Vous

Chez Vous
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Warlingham
Price range: US$21 - US$53
Cuisines: French, Central European, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Chez Vous is our modern French Restaurant & Hotel in the heart of Warlingham Village, Surrey. Reputable local Chefs Martin Bradley & Laurent Pacaud invite you to indulge in their fine cuisine in a relaxed and contemporary atmosphere. Our surrey accommodation offers you a relaxing stay. We also cater for parties, events & weddings at home and at many Surrey venues. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I have not been for a while to Chez Vous and we went for lunch with friends on a Tuesday, the restaurant was very busy with a good buzz about it. Excellent service, food and wine. It rates as the best restaurant in the 5 mile surround area. Highly recommend. Also very good with dietary requirements.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We dined here on Saturday night our first time back in about 2 years. I don't remember it being this good before.
Our greeting by the staff was very welcoming. The restaurant itself is open and light with a warm feel. As with all good restaurants the menu is brief but comprehensive offering a wide range of dishes that make you want to taste each of them.
The wine list is good with lots of variety, however absent is the option of a good quality house wine option. There are plenty of staff who are attentive but not intrusive.

Most importantly the food was wonderful. Unusually for me I chose a fillet steak, it did not need a steak knife as it was so very tender. My brother-in-law had the liver and he could not have been more effusive. My wife and my sister both had lamb that was to die for.
Three of us had sweets, mine was a chocolate tart/tort that was fantastically rich and smooth.
My wife has a serious allergy to all types of nuts. The waiting staff and the chef's team managed this in a calm and thoughtful manner that fills us with confidence for future.
We highly recommend this restaurant if you like fine food in an elegant atmosphere.

1  Thank DandC-2013
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We live locally but had never been to Chez Vous. We had heard mixed reviews but we decided to give it a go. The menu was excellent with a wide range of choices we could each have made. My wife had the gravadlax and I had the mushroom and feta salad. Both very flavoursome. For mains we had the lamb and the beef forestaire. Really well presented, very tasty. We could not manage a desert as the meal was very filling. So why not a 5? For us we found the ambience lacking, with lighting quite bright and tables close together. We did ask to have an alternative table when we were seated but this was ‘not possible’, with fairly loud speakers at the nearby table . Also the service was very (too) quick - we were in and out in just over an hour, we would have appreciated a more leisurely meal. Lastly there was the constant ‘is everything ok with your meal’. So together these ambience issues were a slight spoiler. Menu and food however were excellent. Price (including the pre-set 10% service charge) just over £100.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I have been a few times for the tasting menu and have always given advance notice of my allergy. I also tell them again on arrival but last Friday, I was still given a first dish with goat's cheese and told it has no dairy. I don't know what they classify cheese as if it's not dairy. It went from bad to worse as the evening went on and the maitre d' said it was difficult to cater to my allergy even though he said it was not a problem when we first sat down. I said that other restaurants have no such problem and he became very dismissive. I was so annoyed that I took off the service from the bill at the end of the evening. Don't think I will be going back there any time soon.

2  Thank Monica_W8_10
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We came here on the 14th October for my 40th Birthday meal with my husband, it was a surprise neither of us had ever been.
We both had scallops which were out of this world! I had the Lamb main and my husband had the Fillet of Beef. Again could not fault either!
Dessert was brioche pudding which he was not keen on but loved the peanut butter icecream and I had the creme brulee which was divine.
We don't drink wine and the beer and cider option (for me classy I know) is extremely limited.
We would come back again and would recommend it to our family and friends!