“Decent roast but potatoes need work”

Botley Hill Farmhouse
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Warlingham
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Botley Hill Farmhouse is a historic country inn which has been lovingly refurbished to enhance its 16th century charm. Book today to enjoy imaginative menus, prepared using locally-sourced ingredients, and a hand-picked selection of fine wines and real ales from breweries in Surrey and Kent. Come and discover the farmhouse's unrivalled rural setting, surrounded by rolling hills, lush woodland and grazing sheep. Kickstart your weekend with a leisurely breakfast, gather friends and family for Sunday lunch or join us for supper beside our roaring fire - we're looking forward to meeting you. Please see our website for information on food service hours.
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Came for a rare roast dinner away from home. A lovely little place with a decent amount of tables in a rural building.

We both had a roast dinner, I had beef, my wife, chicken. My beef was very well cooked and very tasty. My wife really enjoyed her chicken. I tried it and thought the flavours were great but it was a little over cooked for me. It is clear the meat was good quality.

Gravy was absolutely fantastic, Yorkshire puddings big and crispy.

Unfortunately all the positives were let down as any roast is by rubbish roast potatoes. Ours were clearly cooked a while ago so either crunchy beyond crunchy, into the ‘hard’ territory or chewy. Such a shame. Also the Amount of stuffing given was a bit tight.

For desert we shared sticky toffee pudding which was ok but not great. I saw others with ice cream which looked great. Next time maybe.

Ambience was nice and buzz was good.

Furniture could be improved. The tables were very low for me and I’m very short. I felt I had to lean on the table to be comfortable. They could also make it a bit warmer in there.

All in all a nice outing and I would recommend it.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

The good: such a grey cold day, much enlivened and cheered by warm table by the fire. Service was prompt, attended by a cheerful smile, and sweet concern for our well being. Food was beautifully presented, excellent flavours, and oh so tasty! The loo was clean. The car parking was a breeze, loads of spaces.
The bad: If you have poor vision, or wobbly pins, do be very careful. The doorways are low, lighting is dim, and there are all sorts of steps, uneven areas, sloping floors etc.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

This is an 'experience' venue. Go here for treats, family occasions and romantic meals with the loved one. Pricier than the competition from The White Bear and the pubs in Westerham, its almost always worth it. The views alone are worth a visit. The setting is classic English country pub, the service is professional and friendly and the food is always excellent. Lots of locally sourced ingredients, especially from the Titsey Estate (great venison BTW), within which the pub is located. We've eaten here half a dozen times in the last six months and have not had a bad meal or dish.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

very busy pub. service is reasonable. we had sunday lunch. the bars were to cramped to move around. and the tables where t. close together.
the food was bland ad a little boring.
the pub used to have a good selection of ales. now not so much.
I have visited this pub for many years now this time I was disappointed

Management T, Owner at Botley Hill Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for your review, Peter. Delighted to hear the service was good but sorry the rest of your experience wasn’t up to the standard you have come to expect of our lovely pub. The constraints of low ceilings with beams and quirky layout, we feel adds to the charm of this historic building. Please try us again and perhaps we can persuade you to sample one of our very own ales from Titsey Brewing Company beers, brewed right here on the Titsey Estate by us.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Afternoon tea for 4 on Sunday was, it must be admitted, a bit tricky with one regular, one gluten free, one dairy and one no butter. The kitchen coped extremely well. The teas were good value, excellent quality and were served with a smile, warmth and efficiency. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Warmly recommended.