Pitchup.com
Holly Farm(Howey)
All reviewssmall lakeyoung couplebiscuitspeaceful locationbottled waterlovely barbreakfast menuwelcome basketfamily roompuddingoff the beaten trackthis lovely hotelrolling hillsred kitesfantastic foodevening mealshort drive
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Attention to detail in the rooms, through to the very handy and well stocked bar serving local bottled ales. We stayed for one night and only had the breakfast which is all made from local produce and on the strength of that I plan to return and try out the Sunday lunch. The little lake out the front makes for a very pleasant view, complete with swan. I can imagine this to be a lovely place to come to in the Summer. If I was to be critical, the only complaint would be the drive which is a little potholed.

Room Tip: Front rooms across lake would be good, but I was not dissapointed with the view to the rear.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We booked to stay but when we arrived we knew this place was not for us and decided to leave, we were showed the room which looked clean but dated. Can't comment on the food as we left and found somewhere else to stay. If you're looking for a B&B or guest house this will probably be fine for you, if you want a hotel it probably will not be. I must say the guy on reception was very amenable. The setting was lovely too.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank valleysviz
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Lovely location with fantastic views. Warm welcome on arrival with clean refurbished rooms. We were there on a Sunday night and I have to say the menu was limited, I would have expected a roast meal to be on the menu for a Sunday. However, the food on offer was, we were told, home made and yes it was very tasty. Such a shame though, that after all the hard work of preparing the meal that it was served on COLD plates. Come on Three Wells please warm the plates before service, you cold plate spoiled what could have been a good meal.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SouthWalesHoney
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed as a group on a university reunion and I really can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The rooms were spotless and ours was a really good size with a lovely big bed. Mike and the team went out of their way to help us out - recommending local activities to keep us occupied and being really flexible to cater to our needs as a group. The bar was well stocked and food was delicious throughout with a special mention going to the amazing blueberry pancakes. Speaking to him about future plans, I can only see this hotel going from strength to strength. It is clear that the team are passionate about hospitality and I will definitely be back for a repeat visit. Thanks for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I wanted a weekend away without the kids and just to spoil ourselves - we found a superb idyllic spot here

The hotel is tucked away in virtually the middle of nowhere on the banks of a lake and surrounded by fields filled with sheep and horses

We treated outselves to a suite which was huge! We had the most comfiest bed ever and a separate sitting area with a tv. There were also coffee & tea and we thought it was a lovely touch when we were offered a jug of fresh milk instead of the UHT in the room

We had a meal in the restaurant in the evening and oh my it was absolutely divine! The food was exceptional

Breakfast in the morning was superb too. A choice of cereals and orange juice was there for you to help yourself. The cooked breakfast was superb too - the bacon was lovely and thick which is a rareity these days!

All in all we have found ourselves a little gem here and next time we want a retreat away from the humdrum and the kids we will be back!

Room Tip: Have a suite and treat yourselves!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple