All reviews micro brewery business trip coffee machine business hotel decent hotel restaurant downstairs excellent stay main road pleasant stay have stayed here many times free wifi great place to stay air con in room dining rooms are modern comfy bed handy location
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Room was excellent, very comfortable, plenty of room and clean. Service was also excellent but unfortunately the restaurant was a disaster. I was warned by a colleague, but was surprised by the the over priced menu that comprised of hamburgers and fried food. If you like a non nutritious meal enjoy, otherwise jump in your car and enjoy the other food choices in Dandenong.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Lisa P, General Manager at Atura Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Fchsmith,

Thank you for your great review on our room and service. Our teams will be happy to read your comments on the cleanliness provided.

I'm sorry you did not find any nutritious options on our Roadhouse menu and felt the need to travel into Dandenong. Given our American Roadhouse theme I agree there are more comfort food options available however we do have a great selection of grilled protein and salads available as well. If this is not to your liking, Dandenong does offer a wonderful selection of International cuisines including Afghan and Indian.

We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back in the near future and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I stayed in the Atura some time ago, and the hotel is still very good. Reception and check in is fast and friendly, as is checking out. We were there for a business function, which the Hotel catered for us. The evening smorgasbord was sensational! Breakfast was good, with lots of varieties. The rooms are spacious, the beds comfortable, and quiet. Shower has good, and very clean. Great place to stay if you are in the area.

Room Tip: I was on the Dandenong Road side, but still very quiet. I think they would all be OK.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear ppcp19792015,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad we added value to your business trip.

It is pleasing to see your comments on our friendly staff and quality of food offered throughout your conference. I will be sure to share with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next business trip!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

My partner and I usually stay at Art Series hotels in the city, at three time the amount we paid to stay at Atura Dandenong. Atura has similar funky aesthetics, although the furniture quality is a little cheaper than Art Series. Obviously!

The microbrewery was a nice touch, although it was terribly noisy. We only tried a single beer before we left to find somewhere quieter. The hotel had warned and apologised that a 40th birthday party was going on at the time, so perhaps we were just unlucky with our timing.

We'll definitely be back. They absolutely surpassed my expectations at the $100-$150 price point.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Lisa P, General Manager at Atura Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear dlb496,

Thank you for glowing review of our hotel. It's always great to have our hotel compared to our sister properties. Art Series Hotels offer a unique experience. We often receive positive feedback by guests who are surprised at how special our hotel is and refer to it as "a hidden gem."

We're glad you are a convert and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. I hope you enjoy a quite brew on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for business. They were a little understaffed at checkin but those working were trying hard to move us through. Rooms were very comfortable, Neat and relatively modern. Restaurant was good, steak and chips good. Would happily stay here again next time I'm in Dandenong.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Lisa P, General Manager at Atura Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Suz220,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad to see you found our rooms to be comfortable, neat and modern and also enjoyed the quality of food served.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused at check in. I shall pass onto our front office manager to share with his team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

After arriving after a length journey we received an unwelcoming reception.

Unlike the usual friendly greeting one would expect from a hotel of this caliber we were greeted with a welcome from the reception with " hello how can I help you " while still looking at her computer screen and not making any effort to make eye contact.

After we were sent to the wrong room we found some loose coins on the floor which would lead us to believe that the room was not fully serviced after the last guest.

The complimentary bottle of water was already opened so by now it was clearly a great first impression.... not!

Our second night we found our room had been serviced in a very haphazard way...
The coffee/tea refills were just thrown into the dispenser and the milk was not put in the fridge, the glasses in the bathroom were not washed.

It's a real shame that a hotel like this is let down by its incompetent staff.

The hotel itself was clean with spacious room, great parking and well appointed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear SNIFFTHEROSES,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel. I'm sorry we failed to meet your expectations on this visit. I am disappointed to hear your feedback on our reception team and level of cleanliness as we pride ourselves on friendly customer service and often receive glowing feedback on the quality of room and hotel cleanliness.

Rest assured, I will be following up with the relevant outlet managers for immediate review.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.