“A Magic stay!”
Review of Atura Dandenong

Atura Dandenong
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Doveton
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Having decided to stay the night we checked in early on Friday evening - parking is plentiful - and were surprised how quiet the hotel was considering its handy location .I was expecting the roar od passing traffic and the noise of fellow guests - but we heard nothing. The room was bright and clean , and very modern - one may say ultra modern- and the curtains blocked the daylight so I was assured of a sleep in. - The Bed was comfortable, and the shower and bathroom very good. Staff friendly and helpful and a Bar fridge at reasonable prices - We were told the restaurant was closed but we could eat at the micro brewery on site in the basement area- I had been looking forward to strrolling to Hogs breath but we decided to take a punt.... glad we did. Friday is Parma and a Pint night $15. We opted for the pub menu and the beer was $6.50 a pint or $5 a schooner - No worries about drink driving if you stay. This is a hidden gem - we will be back.

Room Tip: Even room numbers face Princes Highway but are quiet !
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NATSYS
Lisa P, General Manager at Atura Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear NATSYS,

Thanks for the glowing review!

Good to see you stayed at the hotel for dinner and enjoyed a Parma and Pot in our microbrewery. I hope you managed to sample a few of our house brews!

I'll be sure to share your feedback with our teams. They'll be thrilled to read your comments on the room cleanliness and service quality.

Looking forward to your next "Magic Stay" with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Amenities are fantastic, rooms are always clean and tidy and well appointed.
The staff are always very friendly and only too happy to help always.
The only small criticism I have is the menu in the tavern and restaurant is very limited and basic and the consistency of meal quality changes every time I stay. Room service would be a very pleasing and welcome addition for those days when you have been out working all day and you just want to go back to your room and relax.
Overall I really enjoy staying at the Atura at Dandenong

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank adrianmarino1964
Lisa P, General Manager at Atura Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear adrianmarino1964,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have great news for you ... Brownstone Microbrewery is currently in the process of changing the menu. I have passed your feedback onto our Executive Chef for consideration. I look forward to hearing your feedback on the new items.

I'm pleased to see you find our rooms are always clean, tidy and well appointed. Our team will be thrilled to read your comments on staff friendliness.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Staying at this hotel every time I'm in Victoria. Very centralized location business wise. All possible conveniences needed. Value for money. Great breakfast and dinner. Good to meet customers at the location too. Management and staff are super accommodating. Clean. Comfortable beds and facilities. Everyone easy going and polite.
Been staying here for years. Will continue.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank DKV-7100
Lisa P, General Manager at Atura Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear DKV-7100,

Thanks for the awesome review once again!

I'm pleased we remain your number one choice in Victoria. Great to see you find our staff accommodating and our facilities clean.

We love hearing from our regular guests especially when it's a glowing review!

See you again very soon.

Lisa Parker

Reviewed 22 August 2017

There for a one night stay on business - Arrived with easy check in.
Room comfortable and while facing a main road - room was nice and quiet. Blackout curtains made it comfortable along with relatively comfy bed made sleeping time pretty good.
Didn't like the design of the shower as the "spray" can go all over the place. Other bathroom products pretty good
Did not eat in motel restaurant for dinner as a couple of good choices nearby including a downstairs mini brewery that also services food
Very happy with breakfast as I asked the chef to cook an Omelette which was right up there in the excellent area.
I would recommend this hotel for the specific area if needing to stay way out there.....

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
1  Thank Greg W
Lisa P, General Manager at Atura Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Greg W,

We're glad you found us and think we're the best in the area!

Great to see you enjoyed the hotel facilities including our microbrewery. Our breakfast chefs are always so friendly and willing to help. I'll be sure to pass on your comments regarding the "excellent" omelette. Simon will be thrilled!

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area for business.

Lisa Parker

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My room was very nice - I really appreciate a good shower
Road noise was a little annoying but I am certain that was because I don't have any traffic at home
Only downside was food service in upstairs restaurant and it was the kitchen not the floor staff (they were excellent)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Lisa P, General Manager at Atura Dandenong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Bill B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Great to see you loved your room, shower and our restaurant staff. I'm sorry you felt the kitchen let us down. I will pass your feedback onto our team for review.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Lisa Parker - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doveton
3.4 km away
11 km away
The Terrace at The Settlement
8.2 km away
Rowville International Hotel

Been to Atura Dandenong? Share your experiences!