“Great place”

Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Tewantin
Price range: US$25 - US$55
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hi! The River Deck Restaurant is located upon the Noosa Marina at Parkyn Court, Tewantin QLD, Australia. The restaurant is situated on the sparkling Noosa River with views 280 degrees up and down the river. Absolute waterfront, ample parking and the Noosa ferry berths at our front door. Catch the ferry from 6 jetty stops along the Noosa River. Sensational sunsets. The River Deck Restaurant is rated in the top 2 sites for restaurant wedding receptions with packages from $55.00 per head.
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We were here for a recovery breakfast after a wedding. There was a $25 per person menu organised which included tea or coffee, juice and choice if five breakfast meals. I had the big breakfast which was great, my partner had savoury mince on toast which was delicious. The morning sun reflected off the water making for a delightful scene. I had not been here for over 10 years but it is still a great restaurant. Come for the food, enjoy the view and leave satisfied.

Sue B, Owner at River Deck Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thaank you for taking the time to review the Riverdeck, I am pleased that you enjoyed the reecovery breakfast. It is a great way to finish a perfect wedding in Noosa hope to see you more often Sue

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful June day, great location, good food and one excellent young male waiter.....that's the good part.
Unfortunately the jaded distracted, disinterested middle aged female staff member attending our table really marred what would otherwise have been a lovely birthday lunch for my mother in law, who was celebrating her 96th birthday the day after moving into a nursing home(pretty tough time for all concerned).
The lady who greeted us could have cared less when we asked if we could transfer my mother in law from her wheelchair into one of the padded seats with arms that we had seen at other tables, rather than the armless seats at our table.
She vaguely agreed that would be ok but we were left to sort it out for ourselves despite being the only patrons in the restaurant at that time.
We could probably have forgiven her brusque unsmiling manner but the deal-breaker came when my husband asked, politely, for some menu clarification. She delivered her response with a sarcastic " what kind of fool are you" tone followed by making a face at him just out of his line of sight.
My husband didn't see this (as was her intention) but sitting opposite him I didn't a moment of this appalling display.
I've eaten in restaurants all over the world and witnessing waitstaff making faces at a polite diner I've gotta say is a first!!
This lady is lucky that I had no wish to add to the hardship of both my mother in law's past week, or that of her dedicated family, by 'calling' her on her abysmal behaviour.
The only thing that saved the day was the delightful, courteous and attentive young waiter with an American accent who ran rings around his senior colleague in both the service and class stakes.
A big shout out to him!!

2  Thank fassifern5
Sue B, Owner at River Deck Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

I am so pleased that the day was good, location was good and the food was good what I am very sad is that guests at my restaurant where made to feel this way. Yes it is very hard when someone has to move into a nursing home ( I think that I took the booking). I can asure you that this staff member shall be spoken to about her manner. If you are in the area again and you would like to bring the birthday girl please ring and ask for Sue even if it is only for morning tea and I can asure you that the service shall be much better Sue

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Amazing views and great food with very reasonable prices, topped off with exceptional service and good background music.
Highly recommended :)

Sue B, Owner at River Deck Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

thank you for taking the time to review the Riverdeck Restaurant, we are so pleased that e made your birthday special Sue

Reviewed 1 May 2017

It costs a bit to share a huge plate of scallops, prawns (2 types), oysters (2 types), fish (2 types), Moreton Bay bugs, chips and I'm sure I've forgotten some. But at this restaurant it's worth it (and cheaper than at many others). Nice work Sue and Geoff. They even lent us shawls and a vest because the evening was chillier than we had expected.

Sue B, Owner at River Deck Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

we are so glad that you enjoyed the platter and yes you forgot the mussels, salmon, calami, fruit slad and chips. Hope to see you again soon Sue

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Lovely piece of Barramundi and chips on the marina. Lovely little
Shops and beautiful bars. Really lovely place to site and enjoy the views. Would defo go again!

Sue B, Owner at River Deck Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Yes the marina is a secret treasure, what better way to spend some time than with fresh fish and chips a good glass of wine and a breeze from the River, hope you may enjoy it again over the Easter break we are open all weekend Sue