“Value for money BUT”

Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Tewantin
Price range: US$25 - US$55
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hi! The River Deck Restaurant is located upon the Noosa Marina at Parkyn Court, Tewantin QLD, Australia. The restaurant is situated on the sparkling Noosa River with views 280 degrees up and down the river. Absolute waterfront, ample parking and the Noosa ferry berths at our front door. Catch the ferry from 6 jetty stops along the Noosa River. Sensational sunsets. The River Deck Restaurant is rated in the top 2 sites for restaurant wedding receptions with packages from $55.00 per head.
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Met with a couple of old freinds for lunch so thought we would lift the standards a couple of notches and book a resturant.
The views of the river are outstanding and very relaxing.
I checked in earlier in the day to book a table which wasn't problem as it was a workday and they weren't busu for lunch.

I had to ask a couple of time for attention whilst standing at the counter, then again to confirm after we had completed the booking.
It's clear that the older lady attending me was the owner and clearly had other thing on here mind. Perhaps

After we arived we place an order and I must say the menu, although somewhat vague, was great value.

Over all we had a great catch up at a very nice location, however the food being value for money was judt that, but we felt it lacked a bit of class with its delivery.
The same lady who greated me when I booked also cobtinued to serve us through the meal.
Although her service was well intended we all kept being drawn to comment that she seemed distracted and not with us.
I sugested earlier that they were not busy so we would be concerned about how she may be of pushed a bit

All said and done this is a great place with increadable views, so we do recomend this resturant as value for money.

1  Thank 676lyng
Sue B, Owner at River Deck Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

thank you for reviewing the Riverdeck yes I am the owner and yes you are right I did have something else on my mind that day., not that is an excuse but my morning had been a very sad one. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal and the view. I hope that you visit again as I am normally very friendly and always chatty. Sue Baxby

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Arrived on a whim and seated at a balcony table. Awesome view. Trevally busting up only 50m away in the river. Each had the 2 course lunch special. Great value. Entrees and mains delicious. Fish main perfectly cooked with gorgeous sauce, rib fillet steak main also cooked the way it was ordered, excellent jus , round beans were amazing! Comp glass of wine with each 2 courses. Red was ok, Chardonnay better. Staff friendly and kitchen not too noisy. Hooray. We'll be back.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We (three of us) enjoyed lunch at River Deck last Sunday. The staff were very busy with a full restaurant, but all maintained their senses of humour. The food was excellent as usual, and our unrestricted view from the balcony over the Noosa River added to our total delight. We could not fault the chowder, fish or the pork belly. It's a pity I have to drive home after a meal here, because it would be an ideal location to relax over a couple of bottles of wine. Maybe we should spend a weekend at Noosaville and take a taxi to and from River Deck. Next time!
Thankyou Sue and staff.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This had been one of our favourite eats on our last trip up to Tewantin - on how things change! Obviously it has new owners and chef, the food was average to say the least. We had crumbed dory fillets. We had never had fish before that had this texture. It was just like jelly inside. Have no idea what they had done to it as the crumb on the outside was quite nice. Would never go back again - how disappointing.

3  Thank SSMarty2
Sue B, Owner at River Deck Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

We are sorry to hear your disapointment and interestingly there has been no change in chef, owner or supplier of our Dory. If only you had have told me your issue, I would have loved to had the chance to rectify the situation at the time.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful location, with friendly staff and gorgeous meals. My partner chose Haloumi Salad and I had BBQ Seafood; beautiful meals. The salads were tasty, fresh with beautiful dressing and Haloumi was as scrumptious as ever. BBQ Seafood, grilled fillet, prawns, grilled calamari plus scallops- wow! Combined with the spectacular location made for a wonderful dining experience. Quite reasonably priced. Recommended.

Sue B, Owner at River Deck Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant,all of our menu is made in house and you are right we only use the freshiest of produce, and to sit on the River out of the elements what better way to spend a cool winters day Sue