“Birthday celebration ”

The Wheelbarrow Castle Country Pub & Eating House
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Inkberrow
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All Of Our Meat Is Butchered In House! The Wheelbarrow Castle is a family owned and run free house serving delicious meals in beautiful countryside surroundings. The new management team and new chef took over in January 2015 and we completed an extensive refurbishment. We invite you to come and enjoy our conservatory style restaurant, cosy fire-side snug and large garden (featuring a children's play tower). We pride ourselves on our excellent friendly service and great value meals. Week day deals!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Second visit to this beautiful quaint pub.
Set in beautiful surroundings, sitting outside with a refreshing drink was delightful. Food was as amazing as the first time I ate here. Vegetables cooked to perfection also the meat was sliced so thickly and was delicious.

Overall the venue is amazing, staff so welcoming and the food cooked to perfection. Well worth a visit for anyone looking for home made food and a welcoming environment in the beautiful countryside.....

2  Thank molemcfall73

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went today with 97yr old Mother, who with all crowd inside due to World Cup wanted to sit outside. Dont get me wrong im glad the pub was supporting football. We just prefered outside. Even though I made it clear I would take food outside myself. I was told full menu was NOT available !
Only the Carvery. So in 28c we sat outside eating a full roast. The Cauliflower was so el dente as to ne raw. However, I soldiered on. On entering to order desserts, mid order I was pushed aside and ignored when it seemed a long lost friend of the Pub entered.......all the staff left their posts and went to him !!!!!!!!.
I was then staggered when a waitress came outside to check with another group that theyd ordered spaghetti bolognese.
Double standards I just dont know.
I will reserve full judgement on the food as wasnt given opportunity to taste it.
Very very upsetting for the 97yr old
Answers please

9  Thank Dreane W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been coming to this pub for meals and drinks for a few months now.
Friday Fish Night
Thursday Steak Night
Wednesday Carvery one of the best in the area.
The staff are always very friendly we are shown to our table, the staff know our drink order and these are bought to our table and our food order taken.
The food is always excellent and very good value

I cannot believe the review titles Rude they must have been in a different pub and with regards to vegetarian food, if you are a vegetarian there are options and you can to pick and mix from the menu which should be no problem.

Great place to eat and drink keep it up and ignore the people that just like to moan

2  Thank peter f
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As usual the carvery was amazing. The staff helpful and very courteous. I can't praise this pub enough it has taken us a long time to find such a treasure in the countryside. If you want great food and great atmosphere and staff who are brilliant this is certainly the place to come to...we have been coming now for about six months and have never had a bad meal.

2  Thank Alison G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a lovely warm and welcoming family run pub and it's also my parent's favourite place to eat. We have visited numerous times with them now and the food is always delicious.The carvery and steak night are personal favourites.

2  Thank alisonaston