“Possibly slowest take away in Australia”
Review of Diamond Take Away

Diamond Take Away
Price range: US$1 - US$24
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Get this. I walked in and they were calling order #41 as ready. My order was #48.
45 mins laters I finally got my order and they had delivered a total of 7 orders in 45 minutes with 5 staff. WTH? How did this happen?
After a half hour of patience, mine had run thin. I began watching their process. There was ONE staff making orders, and they were preparing ONE order at a time. That's right, they did not even start preparing my order until #47 had been done. Even then they were serving an average of one customer every 6-7 minutes. Almost no other people served in that time, included unnumbered purchases. What were the other staff doing in that time? God knows, but it involved going to the fridges a lot and not finding things. By the way, they still made errors with 2 of the orders in that time, even they though they only had to focus on one at a time.
At the end of it all, the food wasn't even that good.
How does this place even survive?

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank BepsoThull
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

Food took about 20 minutes to be made. We got burgers and chips. Close enough to the beach that you can walk down while you wait.
Veggie burger had falafel flavoured patty, was nice.
Works burgers are a good size.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

Awesome local takeaway in diamond beach, try the Panko calamari, it’s restaurant quality! And the large chips crisp and very generous. Boys really enjoyed traditional hamburgers. Good value, good quality. Owners nice people and we’ll definitely be back.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 19 August 2020

We ordered two hamburgers and some chips. Its been a long time since I've had a great tasting and filling hamburger. The rissole was cooked well and had a great sauce. It all tasted very fresh. Even the chips were yummy, not at all oily. In actual fact we were so full after eating the hamburgers that we only ate some of the chips. Kept the rest for the next night. Warmed them up in oven and still tasted great. We will be returning.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 23 January 2020

We found it by accident and it was worth it. Old style fish and chips, a quality oil was used that doesn't leave a terrible taste in your mouth and the fish wasn't lost in batter. The chips weren't frozen which is such a welcome change. If I'm ever back this way I would definitely go again.

Date of visit: January 2020