The Meems' Elliston B&B
Russelltown Inn(Bonavista)(Great Value!)
US$95
Abbott's Cape Shore Bed and Breakfast(Bonavista)(Great Value!)
US$118
Seaport Inn(Port Union)
TripAdvisor
Sherwood Suites(Port Rexton)
All reviewsroot cellarscommon roomone of a kindeggs cooked to orderb bhomemade muffinslovely roomfriendly hostsrooms were very cleandelicious breakfasthome away from homecomfortable bedpuffinsbergsmilacurtainshike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I stayed at the Meems' B&B for the duration of a month. I was out there on business. I could not be happier with the hosts and their hospitality. Rashid and Maila's food was great and there was always something different and exciting to look forward to for dinner. It was a clean environment. Although they were always available when I needed something, I also had my own space that was required for business. Rashid and Maila are very friendly and even through the stormy weather we were able to laugh and I always had great company. I will be returning on my future trips. Thanks to Rashid and Maila for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BenefitsWorker
Meems13_11, Owner at The Meems' Elliston B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Jose, you're a 5-star guest, and a veritable member of the family, now! We'll be delighted to welcome you back anytime. Hopefully, one day, on holiday!
A huge thanks (specially from Rashid) for taking the time to write this review.
Till next time, take good care!

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Great breakfast. Comfortable bed. Great host. Excellent location. I he room was small but I knew that before I went there as the owner explained that he only had one room left and that it was small. But it had a bathroom and closet.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Newdeb12
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The best bed and the best breakfast in NL! Near the puffins, very good muffins (pun intended), walking distance to the best restaurant in Elliston, charming hosts, in short, I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank André B
Reviewed 1 October 2016

I originally was not going to go to Bonavista during my Newfoundland trip, but a fellow tourist I met suggested that I go. So I booked a one night's stay at Meem's at Elliston which is only a 10 minute drive from Bonavista. The place was a little hard to find and be wary of taking Route 238. There is a very rough road on the way to Elliston and unless you have an SUV, you may damage the car running over potholes if you're driving too fast. When I finally found the place, I walked in and went into the kitchen where the hosts were. They had a friend from within town visiting them. I was greeted and asked to join them at the table. I was offered tea, and within a few minutes, I felt comfortable as if I was part of their fellowship. The hosts are very knowledgeable about the area. As it was rainy that day, Maila suggested that I go to the Sealing Interpretative Centre which was across the street and to visit the monument where a sealer and his son who perished is displayed. When I came back from my visit to Bonavista that day, I came back and the hosts were having dinner themselves. Again I joined them in conversation. The evening was enjoyable too as there were other guests that night and the hosts joined us in the common room as the tourist season is winding down and they had more time. The next morning, I had a delicious breakfast and felt very well attended to. Overall, a very pleasant experience, but I would say, don't expect this kind of experience during the months of July and August during peak season as it is very busy and the hosts wouldn't have the time to visit as they did with me. Also, Rashid is from India and he customarily eats with his hands. I was not alarmed by it since I know the custom, but others may not, so I would suggest understanding and respect if you see this.

Room Tip: ensuite bathroom in the southwest corner suite is small.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Ray L
Reviewed 24 September 2016

We really did not enjoy our stay here. The owners fight in front of you, it's kind of awkward to say the least...at one point, the wife, Maila actually yelled at us for something we did on accident. They also "kindly" offered us dinner and to use their washer and dryer, and then just as "kindly", they charged us $10 a person for their leftover dinner (literally, it was the husband's leftovers, he literally said this) and $10 to use their washer and dryer, which, when they offered, sounded like they were doing us a favor so we were trying to be polite and put in as little as possible. We would have washed everything and anything we had with us had we known it was going to cost us $10 for laundry. There's a B and B right down the road from there, we wish we had stayed there instead!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Asya K
Meems13_11, Owner at The Meems' Elliston B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

This is more a personal vendetta than a review. Quite shocking, yet almost comical. Real proof that you can't please everybody, or a complete ruse? Baffled.