“Perfect!”

Scuba Junkie Komodo
Ranked #8 of 214 Tours in Labuan Bajo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Junkie Komodo runs daily diving trips from their dive resort located south of Labuan Bajo. We have two 20m custom made teak wood dive boats that provide a great place to relax between dives and take in the stunning scenery of the Komodo National Park. Our professional, safe and experienced dive guides will take you to the best dive sites possible and show you the amazing underwater world!
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Scuba Junkie never fails me, the 8 days there is just perfect! As this is my first time to Komodo as a solo diver, I actually had some concerns before going. But neither of those bothers me at all.

1. Distance to dive spot: SJ is the closest to most of the dive spots in Komodo, and the boat trip is so comfortable that you wouldn't mind it take 1 hour or more on the boat, but a jumper is suggested if you easily feel cold like me.
2. Safety and organize: SJ no doubt is one of the most organized and safe dive shops. Even at the fierce dive spot like shot gun, the briefing is so clear and the dive guides are so experienced that you'll only feel the excitement rather than anxiety.
3. Accommodation & Food: I was worried about the bugs and safety of the bale, but there is almost no mosquito at the time I spent there, clean and safe. Food is just fantastic, love the Italian night, local food is also great, the tomato soup is so tasty.
4. Internet: well, I must admit that I'm an internet person. Although SJ claims internet is very limited there, but most of the time I do have signals using Telkomsel Simpati.
5. Shower: although no hot water shower, but there is no problem of that even for me (very much afraid of cold), and water is not filtered sea water but fresh water, which is a surprise since most remote places commonly use filter sea water for shower.
6. Diving: just great!!! Manta and sharks are there, and the hairy shrimp is definitely an unexpected bonus!

The only thing makes me a little uncomfortable is the comment of Chinese divers, I know there are lots of irresponsible ones, but there are also more and more responsible and eco-protective Chinese divers. We are trying to be better and positively influence others to improve our reputation. Please do educate but not only criticize.

1  Thank Huang J
"light pollution"
"the managers"
"the kitchen staff"
in 2 reviews
"advanced open water course"
"beautiful corals"
in 4 reviews
"bucket list"
"big stuff"
"the food is great"

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful diving sites,feeling safe all the time. Good logistics. Nice people. Very satisfied with diveguide Alo:).Ready to repeat anytime.

Scuba Junkie K, Manager at Scuba Junkie Komodo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hi Katarina!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy you enjoyed your diving with Alo - he has incredible eyes for macro! It's great that you felt safe with him too, exactly what we want.

Hopefully we can dive with you again some day!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stayed here for 6 days and had a fantastic time. I was keen to have a scuba diving holiday with a company that cared about the environment and the local community, and this was very much the case at Scuba Junkie Komodo. The team are very professional, adapting the diving to your experience and considering your interests. I felt very safe whilst being amazed by the abundant marine life and beautiful corals. A special mention to the evening meals - excellent quality local food with lots of variety of Indonesian dishes. The Bale was comfortable and the morning view from your bed was stunning.

Thank you very much Scuba Junkie!

Scuba Junkie K, Manager at Scuba Junkie Komodo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi Lauri!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It was really lovely to have you at the resort and we're so happy you enjoyed the food as well as the diving. Food is very important for hungry divers!

We aim to accommodate to every level of divers, and so it's great to hear that you felt with this standard was met!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

All the best

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The dive sites in komodo are fantastic, and our experience was enhanced by the service and professionalism of the staff at scuba junkies. They make it easy to get to and from the resort that you dive from (boat transfer). Dive groups are small; my girlfriend and myself had our own dive guide for the duration of the trip and we didnt see any more than four divers per dive master. Food is included, plentiful and surprisingly delicious; we ate vegetarian and always felt that we had plenty of variety.

Perhaps most importantly, dive safety always seemed to be the number one priority at SJ. We are rather inexperienced divers and our dive guide customized our dive plans at each of the sites to ensure that we weren't in over our heads; the currents at komodo can be quite strong and unpredictable.

WHEN we return to komodo, there is no doubt we will be diving with SJ.

Scuba Junkie K, Manager at Scuba Junkie Komodo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Richard!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We keep the groups small to ensure we can maintain our high quality of service and safety - never more than 4 divers per dive guide :) We're so happy that you noticed this.

We accommodate all levels of divers, and we'r so glad you both felt comfortable and safe during your time here

We look forward to having you back at the resort!

All the best

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time at scuba junkie. We were taken by boat to the resort where we checked in and fitted our gear. The resort was beautiful, it's very natural and relaxing. We stayed in both the a/c room and the bales. They were both great and I'm glad we got to do both. The food at the resort was local food, always a vegetable dish, rice dish and meat dish. It was very nice and freshly cooked. The diving in Komodo was some of the most exciting and beautiful IV done. I felt safe with scuba junkie and the dive masters were passionate and helpful. I loved that they are eco friendly and encourage visitors to also be mindful of the environment. By staying at scuba junkie we saved hours of boat time that comes with leaving from Labuan bajo every day. And it was so nice to be able to get off the boat each night and watch the sun set on land. I highly recommend scuba junkie for diving in Komodo.

Hi Chelcie!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. It was so lovely to have you all at the resort. We're glad that you felt safe during your time here and that you enjoyed our delicious selection of food!

We believe that as divers we must work to protect our beloved oceans and work with the community that surrounds us - we're so glad you enjoyed that aspect of the resort.

Thanks again and we hope to dive with you again soon!

Best Wishes