Scuba Junkie never fails me, the 8 days there is just perfect! As this is my first time to Komodo as a solo diver, I actually had some concerns before going. But neither of those bothers me at all.
1. Distance to dive spot: SJ is the closest to most of the dive spots in Komodo, and the boat trip is so comfortable that you wouldn't mind it take 1 hour or more on the boat, but a jumper is suggested if you easily feel cold like me.
2. Safety and organize: SJ no doubt is one of the most organized and safe dive shops. Even at the fierce dive spot like shot gun, the briefing is so clear and the dive guides are so experienced that you'll only feel the excitement rather than anxiety.
3. Accommodation & Food: I was worried about the bugs and safety of the bale, but there is almost no mosquito at the time I spent there, clean and safe. Food is just fantastic, love the Italian night, local food is also great, the tomato soup is so tasty.
4. Internet: well, I must admit that I'm an internet person. Although SJ claims internet is very limited there, but most of the time I do have signals using Telkomsel Simpati.
5. Shower: although no hot water shower, but there is no problem of that even for me (very much afraid of cold), and water is not filtered sea water but fresh water, which is a surprise since most remote places commonly use filter sea water for shower.
6. Diving: just great!!! Manta and sharks are there, and the hairy shrimp is definitely an unexpected bonus!
The only thing makes me a little uncomfortable is the comment of Chinese divers, I know there are lots of irresponsible ones, but there are also more and more responsible and eco-protective Chinese divers. We are trying to be better and positively influence others to improve our reputation. Please do educate but not only criticize.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.