Hambleton Hall
US$41
The Falcon Hotel(Uppingham)
US$117
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrutland watertasting menuspecial occasionmichelin starcountry housedrawing roombirthday treatvery special placepre lunch drinkslambbeautiful roomexcellent foodcheese boardwhole experiencecrabfine diningpetit fours
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We visited Hambleton Hall for my birthday on Valentine's Day for lunch. The service was excellent from the start. We were shown to a comfortable lounge area for pre lunch drinks and the opportunity to peruse the menu. The dining room provides good views across to Rutland Water. The food was cooked to perfection Our party sampled the wild mushroom risotto and the pate de foie gras starters and the duck, beef and turbot mains. The wine list was impressive as well. All in all a first rate experience.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stayed for a celebratory weekend for our wedding anniversary. The staff were welcoming, friendly and made our stay memorable with some wonderful personal touches. All the staff we encountered were helpful and we had some outstanding food in the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux
1  Thank forbuoys44
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We love coming here. Its not only a beautiful location right on the edge of Rutland water it alsi gives amazing service. The staff are friendly and attentive with oyt being intrusive. We came here for two nights for our honey moon with our 20 month old daughter. We were here last year for my birthday. But the high light of any visit here is tge restaurant. The food is to die for. Beautifully cooked and beautifully presented. If your looking for a special yreat this is it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gareth W
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We stayed for two nights on a bed, breakfast and dinner package. Hambleton Hall has a great position, along with Hambleton Village on a peninsula in Rutland Water. There are lovely views, and the footpath/cycle track round the peninsula runs past the bottom of the hotel grounds. The only snag with the location, a temporary one, is the huge construction work for a new house next door. The hotel is full of character, and beautifully furnished throughout. We were in the Lake Room on the second floor, with the views to fit its name. It was very comfortable, with a very large, well-fitted bathroom. Breakfast had a good choice, and dinner was outstanding. The only qualification on the food is that it has a very clear style which we enjoyed, but might not appeal to everyone. The service throughout our stay was impeccable. Overall, a superb hotel with a fully deserved reputation.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Verulam
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Overall, Hambleton Hall is a very classy joint, embellished with little touches that seal it’s inherent British character; you’ll be hard-pushed to find a country house that is more British.

I’ve been here quite a few times now for lunch or dinner, so I know what to expect; however, I had hoped my taster course would provide me with some element of surprise, but it sadly didn’t materialise. The taster course was very heavy from start to finish, and I want to leave my lunch knowing that I can still muster the energy to do something else after: and I could barely drive home. Additionally, some of the dishes had too much food on for a 5 course lunch, and conversely, each dish could’ve benefited from more of the smaller elements.

Hambleton offers refined British food that is simply, very tasty, and the dining experience from the moment you open the door is excellent: opulent surroundings; beautiful lake views and knowledgeable staff. I just don’t feel like Hambleton has moved on with their cuisine. That said, the trio of duck I had a few years back is, to this day, one of the best plates of food I’ve had in over one hundred Michelin-starred restaurants - 3 Michelin star restaurants included.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple