“Authentic Italian - Outstanding ”

Primo's Italian Bistro
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Primo's Italian Bistro serves authentic Italian recipes and boasts the most extensive selection of Italian wines on the South Shore. Large parties, catering, reservations and to-go orders are welcome. We also have quarterly wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to come by fresh pasta made daily in house and sauces that taste like mom’s but this little gem in the wall far exceeded my expectations! My boyfriend and I ate here on the 23rd of January 2018 for my birthday dinner and I was one happy girl. We were greeted at the door and sat promptly, we received fresh baked hot bread and dipping oils (LOVED), we skipped appetizers so we could have dessert. I ordered the chicken Picata and it did not disappoint. I ate all that I could but they give you a hefty portion of chicken, the kitchen was concerned I didn’t like my chicken since I left maybe 6 to 7 little cut up pieces on my plate and didn’t want to take it home because we were flying home the next morning. It’s nice that they were concerned I wasn’t pleased and were going to make sure I was. My boyfriend ordered the Seafood Fra Diavolo and he cleaned his plate, said it was phenomenal with just the right amount of heat. We had three glasses of wine and home made tiramisu (you can tell it’s fresh because it isn’t some cut frozen square thawed out like most places). We will definitely be back in the future I have lots of things I’d love to try! Thanks for a fabulous birthday dinner!!

Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hi!
Thank you so much for such a great review! I am glad you had an amazing birthday dinner at my restaurant, and that you shared your experience and photos on Yelp! I was so happy that I shared it on Facebook. I hope that's okay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Cheers,

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Strip Mall location with a warm appeal. Staff is very inviting and responsive. Menu offerings are all prepared and served with care. The food reflects the attention and is very appealing. Nice place for family and friends to get together after a day on the ski slopes.

Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Hi Bryan,
I appreciate your review and the stars. It sounds like you had a great experience at my restaurant! Please let me know what we can do in the future to provide you with a five-star dining experience. Thank you!
Best,

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We stopped here for lunch on a day the restaurant wasn't supposed to open until 4 pm - lucky us! The food was delicious and freshly prepared, including the warm bread, the owner/host was cordial and very personable, and it was overall a very pleasant meal.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

My two sons and I went for lunch to Primo. The restaurant looks like a Pizza Parlor instead of a fine dining restaurant. The hanging lights look like something from a Shakey's. But the food was very good. The presentation was nice, appealing and taste of each dish was above average.

We had the mushroom appetizer and the Bruschetta. Then we had the chicken parmesan, carbonara. The pasta was light and tasted homemade. The sauce on the carbonara was rich and very flavorful. Overall the food was very good and service was also very good. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

On a recent visit from UK my wife and I dined here twice. It has a pleasant buzz about it, there were two birthday parties the first night we visited, they were enjoying themselves and did not intrude upon other diners. My wife enjoyed the seafood pasta, and I thought a pizza would suffice. It took two further days to polish it off, it was huge. On our second visit my wife had the Lamb shank and I canneloni, both were nicely served and the waiter couldn't have been more helpful

Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hi Geronimo,
I wanted to take the time to say thank you for your business, and for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear you and your wife were well taken care of by my servers, and that you enjoyed your meals too. I appreciate your recommendation!
Cheers,