“Wonderful, warm food and atmosphere.”

Primo's Italian Bistro
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Primo's Italian Bistro serves authentic Italian recipes and boasts the most extensive selection of Italian wines on the South Shore. Large parties, catering, reservations and to-go orders are welcome. We also have quarterly wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We had the pleasure of enjoying dinner at Primo's Italian Bistro earlier this week with friends who have regularly visited. Our friends were greeted like old friends and we as new. The wait staff was eager to help and offered some suggestions for us about the various choices and the ingredients. The antipasto and warm bread were a great way to start and the meals were piping hot, large portions, wonderfully seasoned, and tasty. One of the pizzas was a bit over cooked, burned on the bottom, but the flavor was outstanding. The pasta was fresh and served to perfection. The next time we are in the mood for an Italian Bistro style dinner, we will be sure to return to Primo's.

Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hi Richard!
Please thank your friends for recommending my restaurant! And I do apologize about the burnt pizza crust. If anything like that happens in the future, please let us know while you're here so that we can remake it. I want everyone to leave feeling 100% satisfied. Thank you for your feedback, and your kind words.
Cheers,

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to come by fresh pasta made daily in house and sauces that taste like mom’s but this little gem in the wall far exceeded my expectations! My boyfriend and I ate here on the 23rd of January 2018 for my birthday dinner and I was one happy girl. We were greeted at the door and sat promptly, we received fresh baked hot bread and dipping oils (LOVED), we skipped appetizers so we could have dessert. I ordered the chicken Picata and it did not disappoint. I ate all that I could but they give you a hefty portion of chicken, the kitchen was concerned I didn’t like my chicken since I left maybe 6 to 7 little cut up pieces on my plate and didn’t want to take it home because we were flying home the next morning. It’s nice that they were concerned I wasn’t pleased and were going to make sure I was. My boyfriend ordered the Seafood Fra Diavolo and he cleaned his plate, said it was phenomenal with just the right amount of heat. We had three glasses of wine and home made tiramisu (you can tell it’s fresh because it isn’t some cut frozen square thawed out like most places). We will definitely be back in the future I have lots of things I’d love to try! Thanks for a fabulous birthday dinner!!

Hi!
Thank you so much for such a great review! I am glad you had an amazing birthday dinner at my restaurant, and that you shared your experience and photos on Yelp! I was so happy that I shared it on Facebook. I hope that's okay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Cheers,

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Strip Mall location with a warm appeal. Staff is very inviting and responsive. Menu offerings are all prepared and served with care. The food reflects the attention and is very appealing. Nice place for family and friends to get together after a day on the ski slopes.

Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Hi Bryan,
I appreciate your review and the stars. It sounds like you had a great experience at my restaurant! Please let me know what we can do in the future to provide you with a five-star dining experience. Thank you!
Best,

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We stopped here for lunch on a day the restaurant wasn't supposed to open until 4 pm - lucky us! The food was delicious and freshly prepared, including the warm bread, the owner/host was cordial and very personable, and it was overall a very pleasant meal.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

My two sons and I went for lunch to Primo. The restaurant looks like a Pizza Parlor instead of a fine dining restaurant. The hanging lights look like something from a Shakey's. But the food was very good. The presentation was nice, appealing and taste of each dish was above average.

We had the mushroom appetizer and the Bruschetta. Then we had the chicken parmesan, carbonara. The pasta was light and tasted homemade. The sauce on the carbonara was rich and very flavorful. Overall the food was very good and service was also very good. I would definitely go back again.