“A Sunday Roast which was cooked as it should be!”
Review of William IV

William IV
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Description: Situated just off the M25 in the historic village of Bletchingley, the William IV can be found down the leafy road of Little Common Lane. "The Willy" as lovingly known by villagers is a traditional country pub serving a menu of wholesome home cooking with a varied selection of beers, wines and spirits.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

A beautifully cooked Sunday Roast with a homemade Yorkshire Pudding. The beef was on the rare side but that is how I like it & as far as I was concerned the vegetables were cooked to perfection. The only criticism was that I had no room left for pudding but then my appetite isn't as big as it used to be. I would certainly go there again.

1  Thank Sally D

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went for a drive through Farthing Downs and came across this little Gem. We were welcomed by the beautiful Willy (the dog) and Kirk (the landlord) who made us feel welcome even though we weren’t locals. The pub itself holds on to the traditional style of an old English pub, with low ceilings, traditional furniture accessories. Great selection of beverages and a lovely outside area which we will definitely be using next summer. They serve food, which a local said is delicious and have BBQ’s in the summer. We had a great conversation with Kirk and a regular and even got invited to their Christmas Party, which we will be attending. I highly recommend this lovely pub. Wish I lived closer so it could be my regular!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Great little pub with home cooked food. c/o Nicki...plenty of friendly if eccentric locals! Occasional events in the garden....great band last weekend. Always excellent background music if the pub is a bit quiet care of the taciturn but world wise landlord, Kirk. Limited parking but it's worth finding and not difficult to find a spot if along the lane.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

14 of us had a special celebratory meal. Nicky and Kirk couldn't have been more helpful, they really went the extra mile to make the evening a great success. Nothing was too much trouble. The meal was absolutely superb, Nicky is an amazing cook. I can't recommend this pub highly enough.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

A proper English country pub. You can see the effort that the landlord and his wife have put into this place-friendly, welcoming, great beers and proper pub food. Happy to be in the cost indoors in the winter, outdoor area is great in the summer. Value for money and a great place to visit.