“Italian at its best!”

Cornerstone Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in Coburg
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

The decor is lovely, the service is friendly and the food is divine!

The pappardelle ragu is a favourite and is a bowl of homemade pasta with a delicious beef ragu. We've had it delivered via UberEATS as well! Veal or Scotch Fillet and veggies, calamari, whatever we order is amazingly good!

1  Thank JulieG2012

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Sorry folks but another good review. I try to be honest but if there's nothing wrong with a venue I'm not going to fabricate things just because.
This joint was typically Melbourne. We were taken here by some friends for a birthday. As our friends said "There it is, let's just park here" we thought the GPS was seriously wrong. We were a good 5 blocks from Sydney road and way too far away from anything we thought we knew. Well at 8:30pm on a Friday night we were out the front of a small corner store that had obviously been closed for a while. Then our friends walked into a doorway and wow. Here we are.
A beautiful wood fire oven packed with delicious looking products and the kitchen was very visible and busy straight ahead. We waited for a few minutes while our table was being set which gave me time to soak up the vibes and watch the staff and manager in full flight. It felt great to watch.
We were sat at a good table as large tables of families were obviously well into their meals. It was not loud but buzzing.
Seeing a large selection of pizza, pasta, veal and dish dishes pass the table was torture. As always my problem was what to order. Too many yummy things to choose from. First world problems eh?
We chose aranchini (I know I spelt that wrong) and onion rings. Both great. Then for mains we ordered a veal and mushroom dish and a few pasta dishes. That's all we needed. All high quality and staff were friendly and well rehearsed.
Thank you. Well be back.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank E9053ZRscottl
Reviewed 8 March 2017

What a treat this place is! The pizza is the best in this eclectic multi cultural community. As a new resident, I am thrilled to find such a gem. The pizzas are beautifully crafted and you can, of course, add whatever ingredients you like. My favourite is the Ortalano with added caramelized onions and pesto. Yum yum yum. The main meal dishes are excellent with an ever changing specials menu. Be warned though, it is extremely noisy with lots of families and screaming kids. Not a romantic hideaway by any stretch of the imagination. I tend to take away my pizzas and have them in the quiet of my own home.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Our usual pasta take-away was closed, tried Cornerstone, huge dining area as well as take-away. Really nice pasta and garlic focaccio. Will try again instead of our closer local!

1  Thank 36BobG
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Friday night dinner catch up with friends - very busy and bustling atmosphere - we were sitting in the outside area - the food is really nice - love their pizzas - every meal was delicious - everybody enjoyed the food
great for small parties and gatherings - easy to park

1  Thank Debm35