“Average hotel, with really bad continental breakfast”

Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Unlike some previous reviewers, I had no particular issue with the room. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and I had a decent view overlooking the surrounding neighbourhood.

My big complaint was the continental breakfast. I came with a large group of students, chaperones and teachers. We were there for 3 nights, and spent our days seeing the sites in Vancouver. I was quite shocked the first morning when I saw what was on offer for food. It was some basic cereal (corn flakes and rice crispies), milk, slices of bread, oranges in a bowl, juice and some small pieces of banana bread. Most of us grabbed a few things, and were buying a real meal within an hour. I didn't even bother with it the next two mornings, going across the street to A&W instead. We ordered breakfast sandwiches one morning for the group of students who left early for a day trip the second day. It was just too hard to keep up our pace without eating enough in the morning. Don't bother with this hotel if a decent breakfast is a must.

On the plus side, the hotel has an indoor pool. Our students were thrilled about that part.

Location wise, it's meters away from a bus station, and a 15 minute walk from the SkyTrain (Bridgeport Station, also the area where you can catch a public bus to the ferries to the islands). It's also close to the Richmond Night Market, though we had such a busy itinerary that we didn't get to go. Also down the road are various restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Horrible! I have had a room booked and paid for, to go to after the bachlorette party and continue with some activities and games for the bride to be. Once we have arrived, we were told all rooms are taken and they don't know what to do. I have learned they double book, and hope someone would not show up, so they can charge from both parties and accommodate one. We ended up waiting in the lobby for more than one hour at night before they found another room for us in another hotel. I was unable to give my bride a good bachlorette party due to this hotel's unprofessional behaviour. When my concern was brought up with the manager-Karim, he was rude and accused me of trying to get something from them. Do not go there!!! Or you might come and not get a room!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure what they consider continental breakfast but bread for toast coffee apple/oj and corn flakes and Rice Krispie for the price I think we deserve better. The room was stuffy and outdated it didn't look like the picture on the website and to top things of I left looking like I had been attacked by who knows what bugs. Upon checkout I let the receptionist know and even showed her my swollen bitten wrist and all she said is we will have someone look into. I was so angry and near tears all I could do was walk out to keep my composure. I have bites all over my body and was perfectly fine until staying there it has ruined the rest of my trip as I'm now Paranoid. These are just some of the pictures but are also on my torso. Avoid at all cost

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The room was dirty, carpets stained, the bedspread was worn out, it smelled like smoke, the window screen was torn, and the staff was as unfriendly. Do yourself a favour and stay away from this place! There are many other choice near YVR.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Disgusting .place belongs in skid row.Flithy carpets,torn furniture,no toilet roll holder,( toilet roll left on top of toilet) mopuld in bathroom tile,no sink holder,paper thin sheets,disgusting old pillow shams, filthy windows with bugs.An absolute disgrace

Room Tip: Find somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business