“Better than expected”

Edward Hotel Markham
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Markham
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We booked the Edward Hotel on one of the "surprise" web-sites so we did not know the exact hotel we were booking just the location. After spending the day at Canada's Wonderland we needed a place to sleep that was half way between on next destination. We were pleseantly surprised when we arrived at the Edward Hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean (all we were asking for). We did not use the amentities. The location was easy to find, there was a lot of parking and the beds were comfortable - a reasonably priced hotel that met all of our needs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank andrearR9945LW

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I was going to give this hotel a good rating, then I cleaned up my room. I was putting the blankets back on my bed and I found a condom wrapper opened sticking out from under the bed. I brought this to management, and spoke to her in her office, since I wanted to be discreet on what I found. I received an apology, but they didn't seem to really care. The room looked immaculate when I first went in, looks are deceiving. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Christine T, Director of Sales at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am sorry of hear that your stay was less than perfect. We do strive to ensure that our guests are provided a great stay with great service. I have connected with each of the departments that struggled to meet your needs and they have ensured to correct the challenges and will use this as an teachable moment for their teams.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you what we are truly capable of, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We booked a king non smoking room. He confirmed that at the desk. Then we get surprised as we walk into a double Queen room. They should have told us. They should have owned up to us booking a room, being sold out and bumping us. Poor customer service. Unorganized front desk. Never again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank EinEOS

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Staying here at the Edward Village an unexpected surprise that turned out to be a bonus after a scheduled flight was cancelled and the airline put us up here. Entrances lobby impressive. Hotel spotless no matter where one went or looked. Rooms spacious,comfortable and quiet. Best part was the dining room. Lovely atmosphere and decor with vaulted wood ceiling and views of the formal garden area. Food choices excellent and tasty. Would recommend the restaurant for dinner or lunch even if not staying here. Although a day was lost of a scheduled overseas vacation the opportunity of staying here made up for a large part of the disappointment. Would gladly recommend this hotel if staying in the Markham area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We appreciate that you took time from our schedule to share.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed at hotel as part of business meeting, excellent service by hospitality crew for breakfast, snacks, drinks and lunch in banquet/meeting room , hotel rooms are ok but not fantastic, slightly dated , good bed and shower, bar staff in restaurant were very professional

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business