“Unique dining experience”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I was given a Groupon for my birthday. I was excited to try all the different courses offered. The shrimp cocktail were a very large size and I was impressed by the taste and presentation. The soup was just ok. There was a tiny bit of lobster in the bisque, but at first it looks like a huge chuck of lobster, but it’s really just a blob of mashed potato in the middle of the soup with a very small amount of lobster within it. The steak was perfectly cooked. The dessert was peach melba and surprisingly good.

The only part I didn’t like was the foie gras, but to be fair, I’ve never been a fan of it at any restaurant. I didn’t even finish my foie gras.

Service – friendly and efficient. No problems.

Décor – very creative and almost overdone (over-the-top), but I liked it. There were built-in decorations in the table, a fake tree towering over the tables, and the washroom was ridiculously pretty! (See the photo! This is the FIRST time I’ve ever taken a photo of a restaurant washroom!)

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant, but it seemed like EVERY table was using a Groupon. I’m not sure if it’s still such a good deal without it. Maybe not.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We went using a Groupon, so the menu was set. The appetizer was a two-parter - a shrimp cocktail (very good) and a presentation of foie gras (also very good). This was followed by a choice of 2 soups. We both chose the lobster bisque (again, very good). The entree was a choice of steak, rack of lamb, or salmon. My wife had the rack of lamb and it, too, was very good. I had the steak and was quite surprised at the difficulty my steak knife had making the first cut. That difficulty was consistent throughout the steak. it was very tough and parts were really not chewable. The dessert was, like the rest of the meal, very good. It was very surprising that the weakest part of the meal at a steakhouse would be the steak.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

I bought a Groupon for this restaurant because of two things I saw on the menu. The first and most appealing was the pan seared Foie gras. My husband will follow me anywhere that serves it. The other is well-aged steak.
We'd been warned not to be surprised by the outside appearance/location and it was a good thing we read that. It's located in a small strip mall and we almost walked in to the convenience store next door by mistake. But two steps inside and you know you're in for a treat.
We walked by the glass room divider with a great display of the wines available. Then we passed the ample display of the oyster bar followed by the steak cooler. We passed by the tree......yes, there's a tree in the restaurant... and were seated in a very comfortable, smallish room.
Our Groupon was for a 6-Course dinner for two. "I can't believe I ate the whole thing".
We started with 3 generously sized, delicious shrimp with a small side of Asian salad.
This was followed my Lobster bisque and then the pan seared Foie Gras. With this, my husband melted into the seat. The salad came next and then our choices for mains. I ordered the rack of lamb and he, of course, had a steak. We said very little during this part of our feast because we were enjoying every bite. Then they served a wonderful puff pastry stuffed with homemade mango ice cream with lovely chunks of fruit in it, topped with whipped cream.
Sooooo, our dinner was NOT of the low-cal variety but we're ready to go back at the first opportunity.
By the way, I am sorry to say I don't remember the young man's name who served us but he did a great job of making us feel like we were the most important guests he had.

1  Thank OMAonthego
Reviewed 17 May 2016

My husband treated myself and my mom to dinner over the weekend, and this was the restaurant of choice. Everything was amazing. The wait staff was knowledgeabe, the food was fresh, and the atmosphere was lovely.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

I visited the restaurant with my boyfriend as we were gifted a Groupon to use for a quiet night out. I was a little apprehensive about going since the reviews seems to be all over the place.

First off, the location is a little odd (in a small strip mall on the corner of a major intersection leading into a residential area), but don't let that bother you. Once inside, the decor is a little strange. Ocean/island themed, with stringed Christmas-type lights hanging form the ceiling, a "tree" in the middle of the dining room, and glass-topped tables with sand/shells underneath. Some reviewers found this off-putting, but I thought it was very cozy, and definitely something kids would love if they visited.

So, on to the food. We had a 6 course meal. The shrimp cocktail was awesome! Flavorful and large shrimp, accompanied with a nice selection of Salad greens. The Lobster bisque was great, but did not contain any chunks of lobster that we could see. The salad was awesome! Again, with a nice selection of greens, and covered in a flavorful dressing. It was nice not to be served a run of the mill iceberg lettuce-based salad.

On to the main courses...I ordered the lamb, while my date ordered the steak, and as main dishes, we were very happy with the size of portions served, and they were cooked just as ordered (Med-rare for the lamb, and Med-well for the steak). Extra points for that, since so many places that proclaim to be steak houses get this WRONG.

Service was fast and courteous. The food was not "mind-blowing" exceptional, but we did enjoy everything we ate. I really liked the ambiance of this place, and would definitely recommend it for a date night. I liked that it wasn't overly fancy or pretentious, and seemed to be a great place to bring kids as well.