“Great Halibut and souvlaki ”

Bluenose Fish & Chips
Ranked #91 of 744 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

We went there for the first time. I tried the Halibut & salad. I liked that they had the option to grill. Also the pork souvlaki was excellent. The salad dressing was amazing. .definitely coming again.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank hln h

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Tasty halibut with light batter. Best chips I've had in a while. Very friendly staff and attentive service!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 8 August 2016

When I moved back to Markham, I was reminded by friends that the Bluenose was the place for fish and chips. Well, maybe for them but not for me.
I had the distinct impression that the "regulars" and I know there are many, are given better service than those the servers do not know. I was a single diner and waited a long time to be served while the server stood and chatted with diners at other tables.
The food was okay but nothing special in my experience.
I was really glad when Halibut House opened a franchise just down Highway 7. That's where I go now and where I recommend when asked.

Date of visit: October 2015
2  Thank 911mpb
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Tasty and delicious. Service is very good and the serving size is massive.

Price is within the budget and conveniently located in Markham with lots of parking space.

Would definitely come back again

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Went there for for the first AND very last time a few weeks back for take out. Talk about Terrible Food and Customer Service. First of all I neglected to think about soft drinks. I asked then to cancel the bill and make a new one so I could now include the drinks. They refused this very simple request, billed me again and charged an additional card fee!

When I got to where we were eating, less than a half parking lot away, the paper the fish and chips were wrapped in were literally dripping grease all over the place. That package was so full of grease it is probably still dripping away today in some landfill. In short, the food was more than disgusting!!!

And while, one of the staff ran out to complain about someone parking in the parking lot!. That is an example of how desperate they must be for business!!

Date of visit: April 2016