“Fantastic first visit”

Price range: US$19 - US$75
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017

This was our first visit to The School, but definitely not our last. I know our friends want to know about our evening tonight. Both my wife and I will recommend it without any hesitation. We like to grade everything and we both agree that it rates 10/10. The food and service was fantastic, nice pacing, not being rushed. Portion size was perfect.My wife had the filet minion, while I had the sea bass. Both were delicious. Portion size was great, who needs so much food that you have to take leftovers home? We were there for an anniversary dinner and after dinner we received a complimentary piece of carrot cake. It was delicious. Mind you, the dessert cart passed our table and if we had to choose, it would have been difficult as everything looked great. Also nice was the piano player, adding a touch of elegance to the evening. While it was easy to hear him when we arrived at 6 p.m., by the time we left two hours later, the large crowds made it more difficult. If we had one complaint, it would be the low light levels. Now reduced lighting is great in fine dining establishments, but it makes it hard to read the bill at the end of the evening. Still, that would not stop me from returning for another great dining experience.

SchoolFineDine4121, Guest Relations Manager at The School Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I have been here twice. I am surprised and pleased by: the detail, the ambiance, and the polite/attentive staff. I don't think that the prices are out of line considering the quality and service. The portions are generous and the main courses are satisfying. Even the bread is excellent.This a great place for steak, shrimp, and lobster. The steak will be cooked to exactly what you order. The shrimp is fresh tasting. The lobster is tender. There is nothing that I do not like about this place.

2  Thank Steven H
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Great food wonderful atmosphere. Great options from Steak to lobster and everything in between. Great Ceasar Salad. To end the night you must get the Irish coffee is so great when they make a show of making it right at the table.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I have been here a few times and I'm always happy.

The food is really good and the service is exceptional.

I love when they have someone playing the piano during dinner. It adds to the unique atmosphere.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The food was excellent and the staff is very polite, friendly and professional. We had lobster bisque, lamb chops and crepe suzette which we thoroughly enjoyed.