“Mica Restaurant ”
Review of Mica Restaurant

Mica Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 61 Restaurants in Osoyoos
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Description: Our name is taken from Mica Creek, which is located just to the north of Nk'Mip resort and drains into Osoyoos Lake. The creek is an integral part of the eco system that provides fish from the lake, grapes from the vineyards and produce from the local farms.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

The food here is excellent and the service is also really good. We visited with a club so there was a lot of us to deal with, but they handled it in style. Of course we indulged in several of the delicious NK’MIP wines on offer from the grounds around the resort
We recommend the tenderloin steak

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We stayed at the hotel here so made sense to just walk over for dinner. Food was good but not great for the price, though the pizza I had to-go one night was exceptional. Drink specials uninspired compared to another time I was there, everything served in big tumbler style glasses, nothing unique whatsoever. Was disappointed so sought out dinner elsewhere the remainder of the nights were were there, other than the pizza.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Very nice spot. Lovely view. Hot breakfast was good. Coffee needs improving. Also could use a latte machine. Friendly good service. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Had dinner on the patio on a Sunday evening...no reservations but Maitre D sat us outside on patio promptly and let us know he needed table by 7 pm-not a problem.
Cass our server was a delight and was there whenever needed, as was rest of server team....excellent service!
Shared some appys as well as the ravioli entree, and everything was excellent..maybe bit pricey for amount of serving, but all great flavors.
The sticky toffee pudding for dessert was a great finish to the dinner.
$130 For dinner for 2 including bottle of wine and spectacular view.
Will go back for sure next trip.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We had a couple meals at Mica during our stay at Spirit Ridge. Once for appies and once for their delicious peach and prosciutto pizza.

Food was great but the service on our second visit was awful.
Our server spent lots of time with one of her other tables (I think she had four tables in total), but we were tucked into a corner of the patio and largely ignored. We had to ask another server to check on our drinks which had been ordered at least 15 minutes prior.

It's amazing to me that servers don't understand that the best way to earn more money is to NEVER let the drinks run dry. We were there for two drinks and a pizza but could easily have stayed for two more had service been more prompt. Instead, we went to the winery and bought a nice bottle of wine to take back to our room.

When we left the restaurant, we found our server deep in conversation with the bartender. I guess this is the risk with resort restaurants that have a captive audience. Needless to say, the tip reflected our dissatisfaction with the service.

Date of visit: August 2018
Trevor J, General Manager at Mica Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased you enjoyed our Peach and prosciutto pizza - it's one of my favourites. Sounds like we missed the mark on service with your table - I can imagine your frustration! I am disappointed you did not come in contact with our manager and more so with our lack of urgency in getting to your table.

We are fortunate to have a great staff but they do periodically have lapse in judgement - i'm very sorry this affected your experience.

I've included my number below and would like very much to invite you back for a more appropriate experience. Please let me know if you will be in the area again any time soon.

Warmest Regards,