“One of the best restaurants in Osoyoos.”

Ella Greek and Mediterranean Grill
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2015

My son and i have been going to this restaurant for the past 6 years. The food is great, the place is extremely clean and Ella treats her customers like royalty, what more could you ask for.

Reviewed 22 August 2015

I don't know how this place has garnered *any* positive reviews as I had the misfortune of eating dinner there this week.

Now in a tourist town like Osoyoos, I don't expect to find fine cuisine everywhere, but this place takes opportunism to an extreme.

First off, it is uninviting and the server definitely did not know her product. The $10 Saganaki appetizer looked like it had been deep fried and was tasteless.

The Lamb Souvlaki was overdone to the point of being unidentifiable, and the Greek Salad was nothing more than a few chopped vegetables with 2 canned olives and grated feta sitting in a puddle of oil.

All this was accompanied by having to watch a family nearby whose children were lolling on the floor.

As I was paying the bill (it was not brought to the table) I noticed the cook dumping something from a freezer bag into the deep fryer -- the calamari?? I wonder.

You can probably judge from the appetizer cost what the total bill likely was ... in any case, *grossly* over priced!!

Do yourself, your taste buds and your wallet a favour and avoid this place!!!

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

I enjoyed sitting out on the patio very much. Service was okay food was okay. Definitely worth a try. When I visited, the management and employees made it clear that they were under staffed and it showed by their service.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

My family loves Greek food and we were excited to try Ella's Greek restaurant. The menu is very basic Greek food there was no roasted lamb or moussaka! I ordered the veggie plater which had a snake like spanakopita, dolmades (which were canned), over use of red onion Greek salad, herbed pita and really good tzatziki. I wish the spanakopita was more a thick square or triangle shape and had more filling and less pastry. The herbed thin pita was really good with the very garlic tzatziki. But be careful there was lots of garlic in this meal. One thing I really like about Ella's Greek Restaurant was that Ella herself was cooking in kitchen.

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We had the worst Greek food here! Ella's is overpriced for what you get, (small portions for a Greek restaurant) the food tasted "meh", the atmosphere was something to be desired. When the bill came it was a piece of paper from an adding machine with all sorts of prices and nothing telling you what you're paying for - when I questioned what we were paying for the lady owner shook her head at me! She did admit she made a mistake on our bill and corrected it but she was very rude in doing so. I wouldn't spend another dollar here. Bad food, overpriced, rude owner.