“Best sushi”

Ebisu Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 343 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to this restaurant for about a year. I have tried other sushi places, but this is by far the best. Fresh salmon and tuna deliciously prepared, and excellent service. I recommend this place as the best sushi restaurant around.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

We were babysitting in the area and needed a quick bite to eat. Had heard of this place and it came highly recommended. So we decided to do take out We were able to order a couple of different rolls, dynamite roll and California roll, as well as some tofu & gyoza.
Everything was ready when they said it would be available for pick up.
The tofu and Gyoza were still warm by the time we got it home, having had a sheet of aluminum foil in the containers.
The ingredients in the rolls were fresh and you could tell they hadn't been sitting and allowed to dry out.
Everything tasted good. The tofu was a probably one of the larger portions I've ever gotten from any restaurant for this dish. Overall, we got an excellent value for what we ordered. Definitely will go or order from them again.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I hadn't been here since highschool but I was thrilled with the food quality and the service. Loved everything about this place especially the private booths for date night.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

We had dinner here because the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed. We are not fans of sushi so this review is just for the cooked food that we had. It was all just meh!

The ambiance is decent. They gave us one booths with the Japanese screens around it, so it was nice and private. Service was also good. The food really didn't do it for me. My husband had a bowl of the miso soup and he said that it was very salty. For dinner we ordered, spicy chicken karaage, spicy pork teriyaki, gyoza, rice and a large tempura. Neither one of us liked the gyoza - it just seemed to taste off and the wrapper was tough. It also wasn't nicely panfried like most gyoza that we've had. I'm not sure how it was cooked but it wasn't very good. The sauce that they served with it was also very strong tasting and not at all pleasant. The chicken karaage and pork teriyaki were decent although the vegetables that came with the teriyaki were not very interesting. The tempura was a huge disappointment also. It came with 5 shrimp and they were not nice big shrimp like I'm used to getting when I order tempura. They were fairly small shrimp and it was mostly batter that was doughy. The selection was also poor on the tempura it was a 15 piece order and other than the 5 shrimp there were 4 large pieces of sweet potato, 2 carrots and acorn squash. Way too heavy on the starch and not enough variety. They gave us 2 tempura ice cream, complimentary at the end of the meal and that was very nice.

We would not return as we found there is just not enough selection of hot food to choose from and what we had was just not that good.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

It's wierd here, because the rolls have really nice taste and the prices are reasonable but the chef cannot roll nice tight rolls. They are falling apart when you get them. Huge and loose and barely even rolled to touch at the end. Stopped getting them here just because of the loose rolling. The dinner plates are good value but too much greasy stuff.