“Best Japanese Food outside Vancouver”

Sui Sha Ya Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 343 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I have been going here since 2008. Ming, the sushi chef is one of the best chef's you'll ever find. He has experience working around the world as a sushi chef and he constantly delivers the best flavours with sauces in the sushi/sashimi/maki.
The rest of the food is very well done and I can't think of one thing not to order off the menu. The staff is super here as well...not something all sushi places can offer ;)

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I get to visit here once a year when we visit Abbotsford and it's always nice when we can get to eat here. The nice thing about the all you can eat is that we get to eat some things that we enjoy but don't always order. The Salmon today was wonderful, soft and fresh.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I visited the restaurant while in Abbotsford for lunch. They had a special on for $15.95 for all you can eat. The food was excellent and the service fast, even though the restaurant was completely full. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who Japanese food.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I always enjoy going here for lunch when I am in town visiting family. We always make a point to go for the all you can eat lunch on the weekend. Food is very good and service is fast. Lots to choose from, a good selection of sushi, both raw and cooked, as well as salads, noodles, teriyakis, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Price is very good as well.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

I decided to try this place for lunch as I was shopping nearby.
I ordered the sashimi lunchbox C. For $12.95 it came with 5 extremely small pieces of sashimi, 5 pieces of tempura, 3 deep fried goyza, chicken teriyaki on ramen noodles.
The deep fried goyza was very dry, as was the chicken teriyaki, it was overcooked. The teriyaki sauce tasted like it came from a bottle (and not in a good way), and noodles it was sitting on were plain, no flavour at all.
The tempura was extremely greasy and the batter very heavy, and tasted fishy, like had been fried in old oil.
The one positive is that they use wild salmon, not farmed. There were not any garnishments on the dish at all.
The washroom was dirty, as was the floor in the restaurant.