“Girls Night Out”
Review of Chatterpaul's

Chatterpaul's
Ranked #3 of 331 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$14 - US$43
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Independently owned casual fine dining restaurant. Constantly awarded Top Chef, Top Fine dining and Top Catering restaurant in the area for past 10 years. Eclectic menu and good wine list. Very interesting appetizers. Strong catering division with a variety of options. We accommodate food allergies and in tolerances whenever possible. Reservations always appreciated. We open early for parties of 20 adults or more. Call for more information anytime!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hadn’t been to Chatterpauls in a while and it did not disappoint.
Wine selection was good. I had a lamb stew served over pasta with gigantic tiger shrimp. It was fantastic. Lamb was delicately spiced and melted in my mouth. Large filling portion. Dessert was a banana cheesecake and it was divine!! Service was great as well. Nadivia (sp?) was very attentive and friendly. All in all a great evening with great food, great service.. and great friends. Will be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for lunch and gave this restaurant and I gave it two stars because the decor and service was acceptable. I do not mind paying $21.95 for a single item on the lunch menu, as long as it is done well. It was NOT. We received an 'amuse bouche' that was unremarkable and bland. I ordered the jerk chicken. The chicken was cooked OK, but the jerk spices were not present. I understand that the jerk spices may be too strong for most people, so the restaurant should make the decision of either not offering this dish, or cook it to the customer's preference (it is done for steak). The rest of the meal was bland and I had to add lots of salt to make it palatable. My wife had crab cake and coconut shrimp. The three shrimps were black and extremely overcooked/dry. The fish cake was OK, but did not like the sauce. It came with a massive salad of mainly greens and no character in the dressing. It was presented on what looked like a pancake of very dubious taste. Finally, my wife had coffee, It tasted like it was brewed several hours before and let sit. How difficult is it to make good coffee? We will not return.

Dear Hans.
Thank you for taking the time to review Chatterpaul's.
I would appreciate the chance to speak with you personally, Hans.
Could you contact me at 905-431-7657 on my personal line.
Owner

Reviewed 12 November 2017

The modest exterior in an aged strip mall north of Whitby belies the modern and warm interior that awaits. Celebrated Mom's birthday and she loved it! The owner is present and she makes sure everything is just so. The service is excellent and the food delicious. Rack of lamb and salmon dishes done to perfection and prices are reasonable.

Good day Ronburgundy!

Thank you for the fabulous 5 star review of our restaurant.
We are so grateful that you took the time to write about us.
Glad you enjoyed your food and service!
My favourite part of this job is meeting guests like you!
Thanks for making our job so rewarding.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Penny, Chad and the team at Chatterpaul's

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This place used to be one of my faves. I came here on a Saturday for an early dinner with my mom and we both left unsatisfied. We ordered a half litre of red, I ordered a new menu item (maple curry chicken) and my mom ordered the chicken parmigiana. We both used to order the jerk chicken but that has left the menu now it seems.

My meal was not how I envisioned it to be. It lacked flavour (even though it was curry) and there wasn’t enough sauce on the pasta. Very plain. I felt as though I could have made a better chicken dish at home and for $27+, definitely not worth it.

My moms dish was huge but she claimed that the chicken parm was soggy. We ordered the key lime pie and that was fine. Over a $100 later before tip, we left and are not sure if we will return unfortunately.

Ashley H, Owner at Chatterpaul's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Ilovedgreece

Thank you for taking the time to write about Chatterpaul's.
We would like you to know that our terrific Jerk Chicken is back
on the menu, as well as a fabulous Jerk Pork Chop!
It would be my pleasure to speak with you personally -
feel free to contact me 905-431-7657.
Thank you again for your support of our business,
Owner

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I had heard about Chatterpauls through word of mouth for years and finally had the opportunity to attend. It did not disappoint. Located in a strip mall, the façade masked the warmth and coziness of the interior. Though not what I would consider a high end set-up (though I am not a snob), the select booths allow for larger party seating, in addition to the more traditional seating. Our server, Matt was charming and knowledgeable. His experience showed in how smoothly he interacted with the myriad of table goers that were in his section. The complimentary amuse bouche was an exquisite morsel of seared pork belly that whet my appetite for what was to come. The ambiance was chic, and convivial, and in spite of the close proximity of the chairs, each table seemed to have an invisible barrier that allowed for maximum privacy, and conducive to enjoying a longer, more comfortable of the tasty repast. The appetizer chosen was the crab cake (large) with a delectable shrimp sauce and crispy spring rolls. For our main course, the beef ribs, the chicken parma and the jerk rubbed chicken breast. Be forewarned – there is a wait time but this is not mass produced chain restaurant food. Each dish is a unique dining experience. For special occasions, this definitely kicks the event up a notch, but with a price tag to match. It is worth it. With very little in the way of elegant restaurants in the East end of the GTA, this hits all the buttons without having to drive into Toronto, and parking is free.

Ashley H, Owner at Chatterpaul's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of our restaurant.
We have developed a large following from Toronto and are happy
to add you to our list of happy guests!

I loved your tasty descriptions of our dishes!

We look forward to seeing you again soon, TorontoSnorkelQueen.

Owner/Manager