“Date Night is a Win!”

Milestones
Ranked #44 of 342 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Whether you come for a favourite meal or love trying new and trendy dishes, Milestones is all about great food without the pretension. Serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch, there's something for everyone. Make sure to try our signature drink, the Original Bellini when you stop by.
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We usually go to Milestone's on Wednesdays for date night and it's a really good value. You get to choose an appetizer, two entrees and a dessert from a selected menu. There is enough variety to choose from that you will find something you like. We ended up here on an odd night, so decided to venture from our usual pasta dishes. We did stick with our absolute favourite appetizer - the Asian Chicken Bites with crisp won tons, fresh cucumber and sweet chili sauce. AMAZING, and a really healthy portion too. I got the roasted beet and goat cheese salad. I have to say when it came it looked so small (was on the same plate as our appetizer), I did not think it was a meal portion salad at all. Fortunately, it was absolutely delicious and just enough to fill me up. What a great combination of nuts, berries, goat cheese, greens and lettuce. What did NOT fit on this plate was the tomatoes.
I am still confused about this, and thinking that they were maybe put on by mistake? They just would not have went with the flavour profile at all. My husband had the rustic chicken club and fries which was so good! Really unique flavours including roasted garlic mustard mayonnaise, candied bacon, brie cheese and served on a cranberry pumpkin seed baguette. There was a slight sweetness to it due to the baguette, so just be aware of that. I think it only added to the flavour combination. Thanks, Milestones - you never disappoint. We will see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I had previously given this location a bad review because the food was really bad. We hadn't returned for a year but decided this past weekend to give it another try. I must say I was pleasantly surprised and felt it deserved another more positive review.

I had the french onion soup and the Mediterranean chicken and both were very good. Lots of flavor and prepared well. My wife had the fish tacos and said they were very good as well. And our server was attentive and responsive. So overall no complaints. It's a bit pricey but this time it was worth it.

Good recovery Milestones Whitby!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Recently, I frequented Milestones for a family dinner.
I generally order the Mediterranean chicken meal, which I did and a glass of wine. Always goes nicely with food.

This time, I ordered a mixed drink. The Mojitio was filled with water which seemed to disguise the lack of alcohol content in the drink. Maybe I will stick to wine next time, I am guaranteed similar taste.

Two of our three guests ordered the Mediterranean chicken meal with a side of mac and cheese. This meal was especially dry and warm, not hot. The chicken was dry and unflavored. There seemed to be spinach in the meal, but it seemed and tasted more like wet lettuce. Some of the chick peas included in the meal was burnt, hard or blackened... which meant it was spoiled. It was not edible and thus was we could not consumed it. It's important for cooks to clean chick peas before cooking and ensure the black pièces are disposed of. It was evident thus was not done in our meal. Spinach also doesn't taste good when it is not fresh or slightlly spoiled.

The side mac and cheese was a special kind of gross. This meal also had no flavour, and the quantity of pepper I added did nothing to improve taste. The mac and cheese was very dry, the cheese was hard, and the shell pasta--- not even macaroni was overcooked. It would have probably worked out better if they had made the mac and cheese in a hot plate to preserve the heat and melted cheese.

As most higher end chains, Milestones responded to my concerns quickly. Which is good... it means I'm not done with Milestones altogether and they strive to improve their meals. I hope??

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed this restaurant many times for dinner so Sunday Brunch should be a lovely experience. The first time the eggs Benedict sauce was made horribly , not creamy and rich but watery and bright orange. Deciding that perhaps it was a bad day for the kitchen staff my family went back and the exact same thing. My husband said " I don't know why you keep wanting to have breakfast here when we would get better food and a simple breakfast place with a bill that was held the price ". So over a year later we go back once again for brunch . My daughter orders a kids waffle which comes out spongy and cold. I order eggs Benedict again....its cold and the potatoes taste like they were cooked 2 days ago and cold again . I will never go back to this restaurant again . Terrible

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My family and I went for my son's 19th birthday celebration and had a wonderful time.
Not only was the food unique and delicious but the service was fantastic. Several servers came and went from the table and each one was friendly and personable. We were there on a Wednesday and took advantage of the "date night" menu and thoroughly enjoyed every item. It had been quite awhile since I had been there and I was very impressed. Would definitely go back!