“Excellent home cooked food”

3 Steps up Coffee House and Bistro
Ranked #1 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Whitby
Price range: US$15 - US$27
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cozy upscale cafe serving organic coffee, home baked goods, soups sandwiches, and salads. We support our very own local artist Robert Mcaffee, and have a beautiful essence of Northern Ontario throughout our cafe. We have vegetarian options, and some gluten free options as well. We are a nice quiet cafe with light jazz music, and comfy chairs. We offer A Traditional Afternoon Tea for $26.95 per person, by reservation only. We can get busy at times, so calling ahead to book a table is highly recommended. We close all long weekends for rest and family time. We look forward to meeting you soon:)
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Brunch started with fresh baked scones and home made jams, followed by pumpkin soup and kiesh. Desert was a fruit delicacy that we took home to eat later.

Good food, good service in a small and intimate location.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I found an offer for a brunch for two with "Groupon" and decided to try this place out. It's located in a small strip plaza so if you are going there look out for it. This place is nice and simply designed which makes it suitable for an easy afternoon meal. The brunch consisted of tea, scones, soup, quiche, and crepes. While I wondered how much I was going to get for the price, I must admit it was worth it. The food was very tasty and well proportioned for afternoon brunch. The server that day also happened to be the owner and although this place was busy she managed to keep everything going. Overall I would say that this lovely little place was a "HIT" for an afternoon meal. If you do happen to use a "Groupon" make reservations ahead of time it gets quite busy on a Saturday.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

I took 3 of my senior friends out for Afternoon Tea on Thursday April 20th,we had a wonderful time the food is amazing ,the service wonderful,the staff are just so helpfull was my 2nd time back @ 3 Steps but certainly will not be my last ,what a wonderful place to go for lunch ,thank you Vicki and staff . JD

Love3StepsUp, Owner at 3 Steps up Coffee House and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Hi JD,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! Its customers like you that keeps us loving what we do here

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Each dish seems to have one or two imaginative ingredients that really work and transform the meal from ordinary to delightful. Friendly staff. Everything is fresh and is so well done you can't really make a mistake!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I have been here before everything is.made fresh. My daughter took my mom and me to have afternoon Tea it was great all the portion were good we have squash soup. Finger food sandwiches salmon..egg and chickenwith pear.. dessert was great as well mini chocolate muffin with a cherry in it. Also had cranberry tea biscuit with sugar icing on yummy.

2  Thank danicavanlee