“Very good and quite unique...”
Review of Bistro '67

Bistro '67
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro '67 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 331 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bistro '67, is a teaching-inspired restaurant located inside the Centre for Food at Durham College's Whitby campus. It offers guests a unique dining experience in a creative learning environment that represents what happens when communities, local farmers and education work together.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate here last week. A little odd finding which way to go in the building itself, but otherwise a very unique and surprisingly charming location. We had the cauliflower as a shared appetizer and it was amazing (and huge). My boyfriend had the beef rib and I had the pasta special. I can’t speak for the beef rib but it was plated beautifully. The pasta special was fantastic, so flavourful and bursting with hints of different herbs and spices. We shared the “Chocolate 5 Ways” for dessert and it was very decadent and rich. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because I wasn’t a fan of the seating (laminate tables and plastic chairs) and our hostess was a little odd (friendly but just a little too intrusive). Also our red wine was a little too cool for my preference, I prefer it more room temperature. We would come back again but probably not until the menu changes to the next season.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We have eaten here several times and every time has been excellent. The food, service and atmosphere are very nice. I love that you are supporting students.... future chefs. Most of the food is local and the restaurant looks out onto their own garden. Always friendly and unique in that it is part of a college. Recommended :-)

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Real life experience for students and amazing local food. First time in Durham (for work) and found this gem. Beetroot hummus for api was great followed by yummy steak. Attentive server. Will be back

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I have been to Bistro '67 many times and have never been disappointed, so this review is very overdue. Every experience I have had at Bistro '67 has been nothing shy of positive, whether I was stopping for a quick lunch alone or with friends, purchasing a burger special or my ultimate favorite: The Chef's Table.
Like I previously mentioned, every experience I have had at Bistro '67 has been wonderful, from service, to atmosphere and the quality of food being produced. The way they embrace their field to fork concept is quite amazing, as they stand true to what they advertise- Being Feast On Certified and Ocean Wise Certified. They even have special menus dedicated to featuring what they are growing in the garden which are available on Thursday's- 3 courses for $27.00 ... you absolutely cannot go wrong! Although as much as I love their normal menu and services, there is one experience they offer which is unlike any other... their chefs table experience. This dinner is a six course meal located in their boardroom with a glass wall looking into their action packed kitchen- getting to watch the chefs and students work is mesmerizing on its own.. but when accompanied by such a special dinner, it is elevated from just a dinner to an entire experience. The dinner features probably the creamiest soup youll have in your life to start and is followed by scallops, lamb, smoked potato puree, melt in your mouth steak, crispy skin fish and an innovative and playful dessert pinata. All courses were balanced, timed and planned perfectly, separated by a refreshing espuma to cleanse the palate. My family is a family of non drinkers so they had accomodated us with mocktail pairings for each course- each so different yet somehow seemed like they were meant for each dish. The service staff had remembered my family and I from previous visits so they even added some personal touches to the dinner which made for such an unforgettable evening. As great as that all is, the best addition to the Chefs Table experience was when the chef came into the boardroom to present some of the dishes and talk to my family and I. It is evident that he is quite passionate about what he does as it shows through the food and the way he talks when he talks about the dish. That is what makes the Chefs table, the Chefs table. The Chefs table is more expenaive than a regular dinner you would have here but for what you are getting, I believe it is worth it. Bistro '67 encapsulates what dining should be with this dinner- which is great because they are also a teaching restaurant located in Durham College's Culinary building. They are taking eating back to the beginning with their field to fork philosophy but are elevating it to flavors I dont believe are available anywhere else in Durham Region.
I have to say, I am quite the foodie and know good food when I eat it. Bistro '67 is a spot not to be missed!

3  Thank Alittlesomething67
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Usually when I go out to eat, one item on the menu jumps out at me that I know that is what I will be ordering. When I read through Bistro 67's summer menu, I wanted to try many items on their menu, so I knew I was off to a great start. To maximize trying some of their new dishes my mom and I decided to share the falafels, eggplant parmigan, fish tacos, and the smores dessert. We were not disappointed.

The falafels were beautiful and delicious. The baba ghanouj was extremely flavourful making it the perfect start to our meal. I love eggplant parmigan. Theirs was done perfectly. The tomato sauce and cheese were very tasty. The fish tacos were seasoned perfectly and had a wonderfully beautiful slaw on them. We were no doubt full from our very satisfying meal, but there was no way we could pass up the Smores dessert. Not only was it sinfully delicious with the lovely combination of chocolate ganache and mousse, but once the cookie was removed from the top of the glass, campfire was released pleasing my every summer sense. This was a wonderfully fun and scrumptious summer delight. I can't say enough about the terrific lunch that we had.
We also had fabulous service by our server. I will have to get back to Bistro 67 before the summer menu disappears as there are other dishes I definitely want to try.
Thanks Bistro 67 for your appetizing menu choices and a wonderful meal! It was truly well done!

1  Thank Stacey R