“Avoid the Thanksgiving meal, other food is fantastic!”

Bella Notte Ristorante
Ranked #10 of 332 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$25 - US$102
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My family went originally for the Thanksgiving Dinner Special. Once we arrived only one of us wound up ordering that Thanksgiving meal. Thankfully!!
My Father In Law said the soup appetizer was good, but the actual Turkey dinner was scary! The presentation was highly unappealing..and he said the food was even worse than it looked. He barely touched it...if not for the soup at the beginning he would not of had anything to eat.
The rest of the food was really good. The rest of us all had pasta dishes.
The only other item I was not impressed with was the Caesar Salad. It came with long strips of lettuce that I had to cut to actually eat. You should never have to cut your salad! The croutons..were well...one long stick...so ummm...not plural...lol. I had to break it apart into pieces. $10 for this salad was way too $$ for what it was. The dressing was not very good either. Thank goodness for the main dish! I had the Butternut Squash Ravioli and that was very tasty.
Overall...some food good..some bad...some in between.
Service was really good which was a plus!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I was just at Bella Notte in May for my birthday (I have another review posted for that), and now I returned again Sept 16 for a dinner with friends (two couples).

This time I got the Veal Sorrento. I am not sure if I accidentally said "scallopini" or if the waiter mis-heard me or ordered the wrong thing, but the scallopini arrived to the table and I said that was not what I wanted. They were very gracious and offered to bring me out the Sorrento ASAP and they did. I was so pleased with how they handled it.

Unfortunately, I didn't love that dish as much as I have loved other dishes. The veal was a touch too tough for my liking, found it difficult to cut through, and I felt the overall portion size could have been a little bigger and little more pasta (and I'm not a big eater). The taste was very nice though.

The service was great as usual, and I will be back again for sure. Another nice meal.

1  Thank JennuineP
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We attended a large birthday celebration in a private room. We mistakenly arrived 2 hours early. We were hungry so we thought we would have an early supper. With no reservation and a full restaurant it didn't look promising. The very helpful staff went out of their way setting a table in the private room thus allowing us the chance to eat. The service was absolutely amazing throughout the evening including the birthday party. Our dinner was cooked to perfection and arrived with a beautiful presentation. It was also very reasonably priced. Although it is well out of the way for us I can assure you we will return. If you live nearby it's a must stop place.

1  Thank mfa52
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Had an absolutely fabulous dinner here last night. Great atmosphere, excellent service and the food was cooked to perfection. Our server, Bradley was the best! Professional, knowledgeable and fun. I look forward to returning.

1  Thank TLG444
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous restaurant
Amazing escargot appetizer
Great bolognese pasta, as well as many others and daily specials
Great deserts and fantastic service