“Dinner and a show”
Review of Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For an unparalleled dining experience featuring succulent Angus AAA steaks, fresh seafood, and an extensive wine list, visit Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Whitby.
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went with friends. Thankfully we were able to get reservations, which was a good idea because it was quite busy. The service was for the most part good the food selection was excellent. My husband ordered the ribs and steak special that came with the mushroom soup. The soup was very tasty the steak was perfectly cooked and the ribs fell off the bone. I ordered the Ahi tuna and it was cooked perfectly. I ordered a mixed green salad with simply balsamic vinegar and in this case I got a blend of vinegar and olive oil. And this would be my only complaint for the evening. My side vegetables were very good and my friends Cesar salad and shrimp skewer was also good. Our reservations were for 6:30and we still managed to make it to our movie for 8 o'clock.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We went here because others wanted to go. This time it has been the best time in a couple years. It was very quiet being late night for a dinner and during the week. Maybe it is better that way? The ribs better than last time, the fries Ok, but we thought the lobster poutine was very odd in taste. Had to try it. A good beer special. The full rack of ribs a good size. Others at our table ordered "well done" filet" which is a shame to me but they liked it. Loaded baked potato was good. Decent night, even better that I did not have to pay for it!! Some one else's treat.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Sunday evening dinner - five of us came and we were treated to much more. Staff were top notch, well organized, very pleasant and most accommodating - particularly with the two tiny tots that were along with us. Yes, the ribs were great and also the steak, dips and sides. It was a festive birthday celebration and we were made to feel special. Will be back, that's a promise!

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The service is not good and it's not the servers fault. It appears they have no training or experience. There is no management taking charge of the place. Soup was totally out of a can. Lot of good restaurants in whitby that are on the ball. This is not one of them and their prices are.on the high side. For example a regular size domestic draft beer at $8 plus tax. That's ridiculous . Would never come back here again

Reviewed 22 March 2017

We were having a night out with some friends playing laser tag and an escape room, and decided to eat here in between simply because it was nearby without any knowledge of the place (we're all from out of town). The menu wasn't huge, but everyone in my group of 4 with very different tastes was able to find something they liked. I ordered the ribs, and the menu said they were meat falling off the bones tender. They weren't kidding. Some of the best ribs I've ever had. A big portion of nicely seasoned fries as well. I don't remember exactly what everyone else ordered, but they were all very happy with them. and I do remember that my wife and one friend ordered the loaded potatoes and they were HUGE. They certainly do not skimp on the sides.

The really special thing about our visit was the service though. Very friendly and attentive. I was super thirsty from all the running around at the laser tag, and was pounding the water back. They were awesome about keeping it filled up, and grabbed me a bigger glass. Chatted with us about the stuff we were doing that day (and I wish we'd known what our waitress told us about the escape room before we had booked it, but that's for another review).