“Birthday dinner out - for ribs”
Review of Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For an unparalleled dining experience featuring succulent Angus AAA steaks, fresh seafood, and an extensive wine list, visit Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Whitby.
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant chain is known for it's ribs. They are pretty good . Unfortunately though they are over priced. 10 oz ribs with 1 side is $22 and 16 oz with 2 small sides $29. Dinner for 3 adults incl 1 alcoholic beverage, entre, desert and coffee = $140 plus tip. You do not go away stuffed with that either. Deserts were nice , lots to choose from . Coffee was teenie tiny cups and our decalf came old and cold.

Restaurants got to learn that there are so many choices and ways for the consumer to spend their dollar that if you want people to come back things need to be above average every time.

1  Thank Cathy G

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We waited 30 minutes for a table - but there were several empty tables
and still they were making people wait at the door.
Food was not stellar. Very ordinary - service people were very good
but what was on offer was boring and expensive. I haven't been at Baton Rouge for about a year and I really noticed the difference in menu.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

The ambience and atmosphere was just what we were looking for in a quiet lunch together. The waitress and other staff attended to our needs and yet kept their distance to allow us to be ourselves. We thoroughly enjoyed our luncheon stay and the food met our expectations. Excellent place to meet for lunch.

1  Thank cestewart
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We have not stopped in here for some time, so we thought we would give it a go during the long weekend. Surprisingly it was not busy when we got there, but started to fill up soon after (we were a little early for "supper") I tried the ribs as they have a Monday special on them and a friend rave about them. They were cooked great and the sample size was very decent. just wish they would cut back on the liquid smoke/chipoltle sauce and let the natural flavour be the strength of the dish. The wiser half loved her Mahi-Mahi. They also have a very decent menu for desert (if you have room) Very friendly service also.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Took my mom to baton rouge for mothers day because she was craving ribs. I have not been there for a long time and when looking at menu they had a lobster theme going and I am a big fan of lobster. So I ordered the lobster bisque and the lobster quesadillas. The lobster bisque was very tasty and nice and warm I quite enjoyed it. When it came to the quesadillas I was sorely disappointed not only at the size of the quesadilla but also that each piece of quesadilla only had one small piece of lobster in each. For the price that it was I was not happy. When i spoke to the server she was very understanding and explained that this was a newer item on their menu and they appreciated the feedback. I told them I was alright with finishing the meal but they insisted I order something else and compted the quesadillas. I ordered the ribs which were very tasty. I have to say that I was very happy with the service I received and we both enjoyed our time. The location is great being right off the highway and the place is very clean/welcoming. Overall I would definitely visit again but if your looking for a bigger meal order more than just the quesadillas. Cheers!