“Ok food - not great - just ok”
Review of Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

Baton Rouge Steakhouse & Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For an unparalleled dining experience featuring succulent Angus AAA steaks, fresh seafood, and an extensive wine list, visit Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in Whitby.
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went for dinner as we have not been in a long time to Baton Rouge and now I remember why. It was just ok....nothing special and for the price it left me wanting more.

I had the crab cakes and honest they were pretty mushy inside and smelled fishy (which a good crab cake should be neither of). My wife started with the potato soup which was too gelatinous.

I had the jack chicken and it was quite good and my wife had the seafood platter which got cold fast. I know, you are thinking “you went to a steakhouse and had fish and chicken”. Ya but after the holidays we just wanted something a bit lighter and to be honest the mains were ok the apps and the sides were the worst part.

I will give them kudos on the dessert as we had the apple pie with ice cream and it was fantastic. So maybe skip the apps, have a main and save lots of room for a great dessert and you will walk away happier.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Look don't get me wrong here I love Baton Rouge the food is fantastic the only reason I am writing this is to make one recommendation. We were a table of 4 it wasn't very busy and then a table of approx 20 showed up and you completely forgot about us. The waitresses were acting like a school boy on his first date, running around trying to appease everyone but the table across from them,US. Look I get it you want to make all your patrons happy then hire more holiday staff, the food tasted great as always but we still left with a bad taste in our mouths because of the service

1  Thank kieran1964
Reviewed 12 December 2017

We like this restaraunt as it is quiet and very close to the 401 on our way to Toronto. I had the chicken tenders and my wife had the ceasar salad with a nice glass of wine. Service was great and quiet so you can have a conversation. They have a large menu to please most people. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

My wife and I went there for the first time. My striploin was one of the best steaks I have ever had, and the rice and cole slaw was very good. Our table was in the bar area, but there did appear to be a number of groups having Christmas parties in the main area. We will be back

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Had dinner with friends here Saturday night. As the only vegetarian in my group I am usually ordering from the appetizer menu. However, Baton Rouge makes a difference. They have items which they are happy to leave the meat off! Try the Mushroom, Chicken Risotto, hold the chicken, add extra veggies. Sooooo good! Really cannot wait to go there again soon! Lovely staff, good service, I’d recommend a reservation on Saturday night.