“Mexican FIESTa”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had the opportunity to celebrate a granddaughters birthday here. the food was authentic Mexican fare and very tasty. Prior reviews have stated they felt that portions have been decreased in size. Of our party of ten, only half could eat all of their meal so I would consider portions are more 5han adequate. The restaurant itself was quaint. No the decor is not that of a high end establishment but that of a family that is running a small business as opposed to a big chain style restaurant. We went for the food, not to be impressed by meaningless glitz. At that time someone was painting. I respected this as I believe the owners were doing their own improvements. Also, the reports that the tables, cutlery etc were not clean was not evident to us. Staff, a young man of 16, was efficient and pleasant. His attire was more than appropriate. So to sum it up, do not hesitate to try this restaurant and Mexican fare. You won’t be disappointed

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Being as I grew up in Texas and Mexican food was always my favorite. In all my years in Canada I have never been able to find anything close to resembling real Mexican Cuisine. I finally did! Hooray!! I have tried the Enchiladas and the Chicken Quesadilla and both were very very good. Good rice and excellent refried beans. The salsa lacks dramatically however. Just pretty much tastes like canned tomato sauce. If they could improve on that it would be amazing. The chips are good. Some may not like them, but have to realize these are just like homemade. They do not come salted, so toss a little salt on them and they are good to go.
My only real downfall was the service. I came in around opening for lunch. There was just one other diner and myself. Service was fine up intil I got my food. I never saw my waiter again! I waited and waited after I finished my meal and he never came back. I had to go to the counter to ask for my cheque. :(

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It’s nothing special to look at inside or outside but what it lacks in appearance makes up for in taste. This is a cheap and cheerful Mexican restaurant perfect for mid week family meals. Very friendly staff with excellent serve add to the experience.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We had no idea what to expect but it is very close to our new home, so let's give it a try!
Three of us had margaritas, excellent!!!
All of our meals were terrific. I am not a hot spice lover so they warned me about certain dishes.
The deep fried ice cream was a hit with all of us... we shared one as we were all very full & were taking the dinner leftovers home to enjoy later.
The staff was great & the decor is delightful.
What a lovely find!
We will all be regulars here now!!!!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Hadn't been in awhile and usually dependable service and consistent food.We were disappointed at the whole experience. The staff were way too loud all through... shouting at each other and singing loudly like that's what I want to hear. The young men/teenagers wait staff were wearing below-the butt-jeans exposing their underwear which is plain poor taste and judgment on the part of the owner or whoever is overseeing. I had the Pollo Azteca and my wife had the Red Snapper... they also brought us a steak which we hadn't ordered - 3 meals for two people... worse part is they left it on the bill and I had to point out the overcharge and they refunded me. My wife's meal was Ok my chicken was overcooked pretty much burnt on one side... the side that was face down, so not great. My wife also complained the Sangria lacked kick. Compared to when went here the last few times it is really deteriorating. Lack of discipline, lack of management control, could be cleaner and was really not organized. Our waiter walked by a couple times while waving asking how everything is. Not even a "would you like dessert" at the end of the meal. Quality and atmosphere gone way downhill. If they don't turn this around to improve they won't last... until I hear otherwise I won't return.