Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Delta Hotels
Hotels.comUS$141
PricelineUS$141
TravelocityUS$141
Vio.comUS$141
All reviews business stay walking distance stayed for one night proof university gym fridge toronto conference universities roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2022

I had a conference at the University of Waterloo, and this hotel came recommended. It did not disappoint me: service was great and all staff very friendly.
The room (a Studio Suite) was large and clean, and came with comfy bed and a spacious desk.
The University of Waterloo is at walking distance. Perfect for a business stay

Date of stay: July 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2022 via mobile

This hotel would merit a good renovation: the rooms are outdated and some efforts could be made to pimp up the hotel.
No housekeeping during my stay and the fitness was closed (not mentioned during the booking).
They add the parking on top of your invoice… knowing you are in Waterloo, not in Toronto.
Disappointing.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Melissa Jamieson, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022

Dear elbaron87,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as it allows us to continually improve. We are currently renovating our Fitness Center and are so happy it will be re-opening the week of June 27th. Housekeeping service will be returning to all rooms beginning July 4th, however we're always happy to provide service if requested.
We are sorry to see your stay wasn't as positive as we would like, and we hope you might have an opportunity to visit again sometime in the future.
Melissa

Reviewed 24 May 2022

The location is convenient, the hotel generally quiet and my room (4th floor) was spacious -the bed was comfortable too. However, I arrived after a long haul and found the restaurant closed (fair enough it was about 22.00) but... no room service, no mini bar, not even nuts in some form or other. Not good enough Marriott. The cleaning standards of the room seem to be borderline for a 4star -though i only stayed for one night so didn't really have time or energy to explore. The kettle was also in need of replacement. In all, not really what i expect from a Marriott.

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Melissa Jamieson, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2022

Dear Joka_travels,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel.
I'm sorry to see our Restaurant was closed when you arrived. We do have a small gift shop that we hope will help on those occasions it is closed which we will look at expanding.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Melissa

Reviewed 29 April 2022

My son and I popped in just as the kitchen was closing. We were greeted by Janine, who graciously accepted our dessert order and indulged our family’s sweet tooth (creme brulee, one of my wife’s favourite desserts). I know it can be a bother for the kitchen to make something just as they are starting their closing up routine, so I wanted to call out the great service. Though we could have been turned away, our order was accepted and cheerfully fulfilled. A big thank you to Janine and the kitchen staff. The brulee was great, too-matches the service.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 7 March 2022 via mobile

Our check-in and out was easy, very nice staff. We have stayed here previously and had always had an above average experience, this time we found the hotel dirty and rooms not cleaned to other Delta/Marriott standards. We understand that due to the pandemic staffing shortages have occurred, and this may be the case here. The room was a king sized bed, nice shower/bathroom set up. The pool was busy and the hot tub closed, also the gym appeared closed as well, likely due to COVID restrictions. The main issue was the lack of vaccuming, old nail clippings on the floor and dirt visible. The dresser was very dirty inside so we laid the drycleaning bag under our belongings. There was tape on the ceiling, not sure what that was about. We would stay here again, I am not sure I would seek it out as we did before. Very convenient location to restaurants and shopping.

Room tip: Avoid tournament and competition weekends, very busy and noisy.
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank deannad889