“My favourite!”
Review of 168 Sushi Buffet

168 Sushi Buffet
Ranked #71 of 408 Restaurants in Waterloo
Description: We do serve over 168 Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai Buffet Items in our All You Can Eat Menu, which includes fresh seafood, Beef, Chicken and etc. We strive to provide a satisfying dining experience for our customers!
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I have been to this restaurant over 20 times and have never been disappointed nor have the people I dined with. 98% of the time we always have the same waitress and she's awesome! I always try for a booth in the back if available, they're a lot quieter. Every interaction with staff has always been pleasant. I can't believe people claim the wait staff force them into a tip! That's ludicrous and I have never once been in that situation. I had to laugh when I read a complaint by another poster that all the sushi dishes tasted like fish. Really? It's SUSHI. The veggie rolls are wrapped in seaweed. What do you expect?

All the sushi rolls are excellent and full of flavour. The sashimi is always outstanding. Thick cuts of fish that melt in your mouth. Ingredients are always fresh. The new tempura asparagus is awesome! The other dishes are also wonderfull, especially the spicy tofu, Thai crispy beef, Thai crispy chicken and pad Thai. The wide range of menu offerings makes it easy for even the pickiest eaters. Great hand rolls too!

Every visit to 168 Sushi has been enjoyable and I will always be a return customer. Ask for a loyalty card if you don't already have one. Collect 10 stamps and get a free meal!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

This restaurant first all has amazing architecture with all the wood work on the ceiling....I swear I was staring in amazement half the time I was there. They had an amazing selection of food. The ipad provided additional information all the sushi itself so I had a better idea of what was in the sushi if I wanted to try something new. The buffet provided a good dessert selection along with the shaved iced machine which was delicious and something I have never seen before. Our server was very attentive and nice!!! Decently priced...just make sure you come with an empty stomach. Went during lunch (cheaper)

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We've been to this place twice now when visiting Waterloo. The menu is extensive with dim sum, Thai and Vietnamese options, in addition to sushi. My partner has dietary requirements and cannot normally eat sushi. On both occasions we have been (the latest on a very busy Friday evening), they were happy to accommodate him by making special sushi for his dietary requirements. The food arrives in good time and the food is fresh. The table is always cleared quickly to accommodate new plates and the price is very reasonable if you make the most of this "all you can eat" restaurant!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

loved the soups. excellent tempura. wide variety of dishes. good service.
Suggestions: server should identify what dishes they are bringing to the table. Would have preferred faster service.
Would visit again.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

But this turned out to be my least favourite sushi restaurant in the Kitchener-Waterloo area.

Every sushi dish I tried tasted fishy. Other dishes I tried did nothing for me. I didn't care to ask for seconds of any dish I tried.

I'd give a rating of poor based on my taste experience but that wouldn't be fair because of how busy the restaurant was... it must be fairly popular with its clients.