“Omg...was great food when they opened...but now”
Review of Nonna's Oven

Nonna's Oven
Ranked #16 of 521 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great food when they opened but now it is cheap and the prices are unbelievable.
I just paid $47 for 3 ponzo's with 3 toppings????
The presentation was nice, sauce too small - what are they thinking?
I opened the ponzo up - guess what no sauce at all? In all three?
The lots of staff turnover...they used to be really great hard working friendly people there before but now they always seen like they are always "training" someone.
Too bad...it was a great place to eat. Reasonable prices but now they are cutting corners.
I won't be returning.

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank lisalivesinrh B

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Excuse me as I loosen my belt....alright, here we go:
While down in Richmondhill for an appointment, my friend an I were staaaarving, so we decided to check out the reviews of the restaurants in the area. The one that suited our current mood happened to be Nonna's Oven. Now my friend has a thing against places with very few reviews, even if they were all 5 star ones - so It took some convincing, but eventually , we made it there. When we walked in, the atmosphere was that of an old style italian bakery in the sense that everyone was sitting around , laughing and really seeming to be enjoying themselves. You order and pay at the front register but no worry, take a menu with you to your table and prepare to struggle as you decide what you want to eat...trust me, there's so many amazing options! We decided to order the Calabrese Pizza , and the Veal Panini with the works. No kidding, it took less than 10 minutes for both our plates to hit the table; and this was when it was packed and busy! The pizza was simply superb; With the spicy peppers, hot Calabrese salami and black olives - it was a perfect combination! The dough is made right in store and has a very chewy and rustic taste, baked in a stone oven! The panini came with peppers, mushrooms, carmalized onions and eggplant- OOHHHHH BOOY was it good. The bun was crusty and chewy, and the veal was perfectly prepared- moist and with the right amount of it present in the sandwich. Boy oh boy were our meals good! We finished it all of with a cappuccino , house made biscotti and a plate of the house made tiramisu(who am I kidding, it's all home made!)! The cappuino was just as good as anything you'd find at a cafe in Rome and the tiramisu was amazing! It wasn't drowning in alcohol and it had a wonderful creamy consistency! Last but not least is the waiting staff. In all honesty they are a bunch of the friendliest and most humble individuals you'll meet- they made us feel right at home!
All and all, it was a truly awesome experience and we'll forsure be back for more!

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank StPietro
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Not a fancy place. Order and pay at the counter and then have a seat. Expect to be surprised by a delicious meal. The panzerottos are incredible. The food in general is wonderful. Try the rapini, you will be glad you did.
The pizzas looked great although I didn't get a chance to taste them yet.
As long as you are going for food and not ambiance, it is worth it.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This little gem is in a plaza not that easy to spot from Elgin Mills. I have eaten there many times as well I have catered their pizza for a party. This pizza is out of this world .... No time to cook? Order a pizza & large salad share for 2 with drinks under $30....
Fresh to order, fresh ingredients
Just too good. They have already expanded in just 2 short
years... Eat in or pick up only

Date of visit: August 2012
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We have played hockey games often at the arena just across th road from Nonna's so have eaten there often. The restaurant is a local hot spot with the significant Italian communit in Richmond Hill so this says a lot. Their pizza is stone oven baked, the ingredients are fresh and the crust is thin gourmet style. I love the JoJo pizza with hot peppers, rapini and grilled Italian sausage. The homemade lasagna is excellent and really its hard to find anything that isnt rich in flavour and just yummy. It's a regular spot with our family and we aren't Italian!

Date of visit: April 2013