“Great Burger, very good fries.”
Review of Fresh Burger

Fresh Burger
Ranked #11 of 470 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Reviewed 28 December 2015

I have been back twice since my first encounter with this fast food restaurant. The burger is just great! Not overcooked, or dried up like so many burger places where the cooks are just mindlessly flipping meat and don't really care. The cooks here appeared energized working the grill and fryers. Juicy and tasting of real grilled hamburger, not the lean or extra lean tasteless stuff. A bun with some substance, fresh tomato and lettuce with onion. And a little mayo. Perfect. The kind of burger you don't need ketchup and mustard to supplement or hide the flavour. The fries were done very nicely with just the right properly cooked texture and full flavour. The cashier on the other hand seems just a little too serious. Smile a little. You're delivering a great product. Now make the experience great too!

1  Thank FreshBlather

Reviewed 11 August 2015

So I recently ate at the newly opened Church and Wellesley location and my first impressions of the place were good. I ordered a cheeseburger combo and for 10 bucks flat including tax was a great deal. The burgers was simple with minimal toppings and no extra options, but the patty was juicy and delicious. I am a burgers priest fan and this place comes in close at a much better price. The fries were fresh and fry-truck style. It just wasn't really filling. I wasn't going to leave hungry the next time i ate there, so i ordered a double cheese burger and i have to say that it wasn't nearly as tasty as my first visit. The patties were a bit overcooked and didn't have the juiciness i was looking for. And with so few other toppings it was more like eating a hunk of meatloaf between two pieces of bread. Last word, great place to eat, but just don't go if your starving :)

Reviewed 16 July 2015

I saw all the hype on the other social sites and ratings and the family has gone there about a handful of times. I personally don't see what it's all about.
The meat is done fresh - nice. The bun (which is a standard package one) is toasted on the grill - not nice. The burgers come with cheese - processed, I believe. They charge for the good toppings - mushroom, fried onions, and others.
The fresh meat is fatty and they do try to drain in before they put it on the bun - but still leaves quite a large deposit on the wax paper when you finish the meal.
The fries are fine and their version of the poutine is ok.
I have seen them busy off and on and they seem to be doing ok the last time I was there - which was a little while ago.
If you like burgers (who really doesn't), the place is worth a try. Who knows, it might ring your bells more than it did mine.
The owner has a good story behind his reason to enter the competitive burger landscape and I wish him all the best.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

not sure what the buzz is about, the burger i got was quite overprice and tasted like fat. I am not sure if this was because it was undercooked or because they just left it on the BBQ for too long, either way I threw it out half way. I think I had paid close to $20 for a combo, i dont remember now.

2  Thank restaurantl0ver2014
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Fresh, hot, tasty and great poutine! A simple concept perfected. Fresh ground beef, (prime if you choose), great fries, friendly service.